Who knew that a kettle could make so much difference to the flavor of your tea and coffee…
If you have never used the Breville Variable-Temperature Kettle before you don’t know how much better your tea and coffee should taste!
This IQ Kettle has an intelligent one-touch switch that lets you set the temperature for your preferred beverage—ideal for coffee and tea…
The Easiest Way To Make The Perfect Cuppa… Just Press Two Buttons And Get The Right Temperature Every Time!
Here Is What Reviewers Had To Say About The Breville Variable-Temperature Kettle…
Watch The Short Video Presentation To See All Of The Various Settings On The Breville BKE820XL Kettle!
The correct temperature is crucial for making the best tea and coffee. In this video, Breville’s Adele Schober shows you all of the features and great functionality of the Variable Temperature Kettle…
I Absolutely Love This Water Kettle… It’s The Best Water Kettle I Have Ever Bought!
I really use different temperature settings when I make different kinds of tea or french press coffee !! Super sturdy and I’m a heavy user of a water kettle and that’s why I was willing to invest in a proper kettle! Highly recommended – and it’s so good looking design too!
- This kettle looks great and works great. I’d recommend it to anyone looking for the best kettle available.
- I love the lid opener. It opens so smoothly. So far this has been the very best water kettle I have owned.
- This is a great kettle – the best one I’ve found to date. If you drink a lot of tea, this is the one to have. Looks/feels very high-end.
- The best kettle I’ve ever owned. I absolutely love this kettle. Heats very quickly and precisely can hold the temp which is crucial for me, beep when hot, what’s not to love.
- This is the best way to make tea and heat up water for a french press. Love it!
- Oh yeah, and the tea I’ve made in the last few days is easily the best I’ve ever brewed! Yay!
- I’m just coming in from buying a Breville for my parents – since I own one of these myself. I bought it in 2016 and it is the best kettle I have had.
- This truly is a quality unit and I think the best kettle on the market. I did review other kettles but decided to stay with Breville.
- There are many electric kettles to choose from but this one is hands down the best one on the market.
Easy For Both Left Handed And Right Handed People To Use The Breville BKE820XL Kettle!
The fill indicator is on both sides of the kettle body, making it both more visible and easily usable by both right and left handers (very nice touch).
- This has a water level indicator on two sides for use by right or left-handed people.
- She is right-handed and I am left, so the swivel works great for us, as well as seeing how much water you are putting into it.
- What brilliant designs from Breville!! Since I’m left-handed, I like the blue light windows on both sides so that I can see the level.
- Very easy to read the buttons and see the water levels (left or right-handed).
Video 2 – A Thorough Review Of The Breville BKE820XL Kettle!
This video presentation of the Breville Variable Temperature Kettle was presented by the guys over at the following Youtube Channel – Seattle Coffee Gear and it pretty much shows you everything you need to know about this kettle and who it is for and who it isn’t for…
Great For Making Different Teas And Styles Of Coffee!
The ability to set a target temperature for your French press or your green tea that is not just boiling the hell out of your water is a great feature.
- It’s very convenient, easy to use and I love the variable temperatures for all my teas and matcha.
- I can’t imagine living without this amount of ease when you want a cup of tea, hot lemonade, or need hot water for some recipes.
- It heats water to different temps which is great since we drink lots of white tea and that needs a lower H20 temp than black tea.
- For those who love tea, this is a must-have!!
- It heats water in a blink and I love it for the different settings for different types of tea.
- We use the pot to heat water for green tea, oolong tea, and french press coffee.
- It makes life so easy to just press two buttons and get the perfect temperature water.
- I have been enjoying my Green Tea and definitely taste the difference with the temp controlled water.
- It has settings for different types of tea and even comes with a book to tell you what temperature you want for different herbal teas.
- Quiet, premium-looking, quick boil, great options for a green and white tea at lower temperatures hold temp.
I Like Being Able To Select The Temperature–My French Press Coffee Is Perfect!
I’ve become a bit of a coffee hobbyist and decided French Press is my way to go. This plus the fact that my three older kids and wife are into various types of tea convinced me it was time to go the path of a variable temp kettle.
- We use the Aeropress to make espresso and the water cannot be boiling, so Breville’s “French press” setting is the perfect temp.
- Heats water quickly but what I like the best is the multiple settings. I am making coffee in a French Press and it has the perfect setting just for that.
- As for coffee, I use a French press and the lower temp setting also makes a positive impact on flavor.
- I use the kettle to heat the water for my French press coffee maker. The kettle is quick, accurate, and dependable.
- Works flawlessly…great for different types of tea requiring different levels of heat AND also great for myself and my french press coffee maker (has a level specifically for french press).
- I’m obsessed with this tea kettle. My husband and I literally use it EVERY day to make French Press coffee.
- Amazing. This + French press = THE BEST home coffee set up.
The Water Stays Hot Through At Least My First Couple Cups In The Morning, So I Don’t Have To Reheat!
I wanted something for green tea, coffee (love the keep-warm feature), and for various jobs like making jello, hummingbird food, getting a jump on boiling a pot of pasta water, and filling the dishpan with hot water rather than letting the faucet run and waste water.
- This is a wonderful upgrade and the convenient “keep warm” feature adds convenience to dependability
- It has a keep warm button so when you forget to go over and pour your tee, it keeps it warm so it lowers the time to get it boiling again.
- There is a hold function that will keep your water warm at a constant temperature for 20 minutes, which is perfect for those days you’re rushing out the door.
- I use it every day to prepare tea and keep water warm for dinner.
- The keep-warm setting is quite helpful if you know that you will be making a second cup.
- There is a hold button if you want to keep the water hot.
- Love the different water temp choices and the Keep Warm function!
- This kettle does just that and does a great job keeping the water at the temperature as well in case you chose to walk away while it was heating (given that you press the keep button).
- I also love that I can push the keep warm button and for twenty minutes it maintains the temperature so I can get a second cup.
The Hideaway Cord Feature In The base Is A Clever Design Idea!
We also like the lighted buttons that are easy for large man-fingers, hideaway cord feature, the fact that the base does not skid on the counter, and the plug with the big hole to easily unplug it with no strain on the power cord.
- The plug’s design (big hole for finger in the center) ensures that constant plugging and unplugging doesn’t put wear on the power cord, helping to avoid further problems or safety issues.
- It has a separate stand that you lift the kettle off of so you don’t have to hassle with a cord.
- The fact that it has a corded base (rather than a kettle) means you’re not tethered to your outlet when you go to pour the water.
- It’s incredibly fast to get to boil and works exactly as expected. The retractable cord is great, as is the ‘hold’ option.
We Do Three Or Four Pots A Day And It Is Going Strong After A Year And A Half Of Use… Breville Makes Tea Life So Easy!
All products from Breville are good quality, easy to use and long lasting. I love the fact that there are different temp buttons for different teas.
- I love being able to quickly select the water temp for what I am brewing and how fast it heats to the correct temperature
- The temperature guide (buttons labeled “green tea”, “white tea”, “black tea/boil” and so on) make it extremely easy to decide on the temperature.
- It is extremely easy to use, and you can use different settings for the different kinds of teas (which improves the taste of the tea).
- The measurements are easy to read and this is ridiculously simple to use.
- Love the one-touch button to select the desired temperature.
- My wife loves it as it gives her a quick and easy selection of temperatures for various types of teas.
- The markings on the outside of the kettle are clear and easy to read and it is super easy to use.
- It is a simple process with uncomplicated options, making it easy to select.
- The ease of the Breville makes it simple and easy to blend a perfect cup of tea.
The Breville Variable-Temperature Kettle Is As Close To Perfect As We’ve Come… It’s Beautiful!
If you are a tea lover and enjoy using loose tea leaves don’t be put off by the price. This pot is beautiful and brews the perfect pot of tea.
- The stainless steel is brushed rather than glossy and looks beautiful on my counter.
- It also looks nice and can stay on our kitchen counters.
- A beautiful and accurate Electric tea kettle.
- Looks great on my counter and it pours smoothly.
- This is an elegant, beautiful, well thought out machine. Definitely worth the money.
- Beautiful design and effortless.
- The kettle is also very beautiful and looks so posh on my counter.
- It’s also a good looking appliance and we’re also Breville fans.
- Highly recommended – and it’s so good looking design too!
- Nice and modern and looks great on my kitchen counter.
- It looks so sleek and modern in my room and I’m pretty much in love with this product.
The Breville Variable-Temperature Kettle Is As Close To Perfect As We’ve Come… It’s Beautiful!
Received this as a 25 year gift from work. Has worked excellent everyday with a family of 4 for 4 years now. Easy to use and love the big power safety plug. Considering buying another for a second home. Highly recommended!
- I purchased the Beville tea kettle as a Christmas gift for the tea lover in my life. She loves it.
- I’ve given a couple as gifts since people see mine and want one.
- It was recommended by a friend who also loves his Breville Kettle. We use it every day and I’ve even given it as a gift. Great look.
- I also gifted it to my daughters.
- I’m coming up on four years of loving this kettle. I liked it enough that I have bought them as gifts.
- I saw this kettle in a friend’s house (she received it as a wedding gift) and instantly loved the idea of the various temperatures.
- We have given it three times as gifts.
- I bought the kettle for my granddaughter’s high school graduation gift.
- I received this kettle as a gift and adore it.
- My sister-in-law was visiting and she had to have one. We purchased another one and had it shipped to her house. Another happy Tea Drinker!
- I think this would be a nice gift if you know someone who drinks a lot of tea or French Press, or someone older who might forget a kettle on the stove (this beeps when done and then shuts off automatically).
If You Drink A Variety Of Teas Or Use Coffee Presses And Need Accurate Temperature Control, This Kettle Is Great And Worth The Extra Money!
I absolutely love this kettle, and I’m so glad I bought it at Amazon. The price is much cheaper than you’ll find elsewhere, and the free shipping is awesome. Definitely consider this Breville!
- Yes, it’s more expensive, but this thing sits on my kitchen counter and I use it a lot, so I was willing to spend the extra money.
- I knew it was expensive as I bought it, could have bought a cheaper one, but glad I spent the extra money on a quality unit.
- Worth the money for this regular tea drinker.
- One of my friends had this particular model. I decided to splurge and treat myself. My other one was just average. You will be glad that you spent the extra money.
- It was exactly what we needed, love it, so easy! We are big tea drinkers and this was right up our alley, worth the price.
Other Products That Complement The Breville Variable-Temperature Kettle!
Grinds beans pretty fast. Coffee has been tasting fantastic since buying this; I’m coming from a blade grinder and had been using a manual burr grinder but have found the effort a little much for a daily coffee for two.
- I checked multiple round-up reviews and the overwhelming consensus that the Baratza Encore is the perfect marriage of inexpensive price and superior function.
- Right out of the box, the grinds were more consistent and perfectly sized than what had been coming out of the old machine, and the shots were some of the best I’d pulled in quite a while.
- I bought this because I use a french press almost daily and have been hand grinding beans. This grinder has performed well and has a very consistent grind.
- This is a solid, reliable, easy to use, and clean coffee grinder with precise grinds for every coffee type.
- I have had one for 6 years that is still in perfect condition.
One thing I can pass on is that BODUM is the best, sturdiest French Press I’ve found — not just the glass, but the holder. Others only have 3 feet and don’t lift the hot pot off the counter surface– and the metal is flimsy. BODUM’s THE BEST, honest!!!
- This French press really works well and one of the best features is the filter.
- I have used some French presses in the past where I end up with coffee grounds in my cup. Not the case with this one; nothing but smooth coffee.
- The Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker makes the best coffee on earth.
- I visited a friend who used one of those fancy “french press” coffee makers I had seen years ago all over Europe and in the various coffee houses I walk by, and I am converted. The best darn cup of coffee ever.
- The original and still the best!
AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker with Tote Bag and 350 Additional Filters – Quickly Makes Delicious Coffee Without Bitterness
The AeroPress made coffee so good, so low acid that even my 13 year old who tried them both side by side agreed that the AeroPress made noticeably better coffee. I made 3 cups with 3 different coffees. There was really no doubt. This little plastic device makes the best coffee!
- I love my Aeropress. I use it every day sometimes more than once because it’s seriously the best coffee ever.
- Literally THE BEST coffee I’ve ever had.
- By far the best coffee maker I’ve ever owned and I’ve tried most of them.
- The coffee is smooth and delicious – the best I’ve ever had.
- My husband hates coffee and rarely drinks it, but he will actually enjoy a cup of Aeropress coffee.
In summary, the IQ Kettle is the smartest electric kettle you’ll find, equipped with smart features that make your morning easier.
The Breville BKE820XL Variable-Temperature certainly provides the quickest and easiest way to have the correct temperature required for the perfect cup of tea or coffee.
The temperature-adjusting base has five different settings; fill or boil water to the ideal temperature for Green, Oolong, Black, White, and herbal teas (185 F-190 F).
The illuminated display shows time and temperature using a backlit blue LCD screen. A variable color changing alert light will flash when water is ready.
The power cord wraps around the bottom so it can stay out of your way while you pour.
We also recommend our article… Is Breville A Good Brand