We reveal 3 easy ways to clean dirty oven racks without chemicals. You will discover how to clean oven racks naturally with your own DIY oven rack cleaner using everyday chemical-free household items.
Baking or cooking food in your oven is a great convenience but unfortunately food spills, no matter how hard you try to avoid it.
Grease spills out, cakes boil over, and most certainly my favorite chicken wings don’t do the oven racks any favors. Your oven is left smelling, dirty, and sometimes smoking from the leftover debris. Racks are a primary part of ovens that need to be cleaned on a regular basis.
Fortunately, cleaning oven grates no longer has to grate you (sorry I couldn’t help myself!) because there are easy ways to clean oven racks and you don’t have to work with potentially harmful toxins and chemicals or buy specialty products when cleaning oven racks.
Here are some of the best ways to clean dirty oven racks without using oven rack cleaners containing chemicals:
How Do You Clean Oven Racks With Dryer Sheets and Dish Soap?
Using a bathtub, a half cup of dish soap, and dryer sheets is one of the simplest ways to clean oven racks.
- First, lay some dryer sheets on the floor of your tub and make sure that the entire floor is covered with them.
- Next, place your dirty oven racks on the sheets and then fill the bathtub with warm water.
- Once the racks are fully submerged, add half a cup of dish soap in the water and then walk away.
- Now you simply need to let the dryer sheets and soap work their magic overnight.
- The next morning, drain the tub.
The beauty of this method is that there are no offensive smells or harmful chemicals, and you can scrub off any debris or remaining food particles with dryer sheets.
The following video shows you how to clean your dirty oven racks with dryer sheets and dish soap…
How Do You Clean Oven Racks With Baking Soda and Vinegar?
If you don’t have dryer sheets or you want to use a different method to clean your dirty oven racks, then try the classic combination of baking soda and vinegar. The chemical reaction between vinegar and baking soda is one of the best ways to clean oven racks.
- Start by placing your racks in an empty bathtub and covering them in baking soda.
- Then add vinegar.
- Next, add enough hot water so that the racks are fully submerged.
- Just like the dryer sheets and dish soap method, you will need to let this product work overnight and then drain the water in the morning.
- Finally, use an old toothbrush, towel, or sponge to scrub the racks clean.
The following video shows you how to clean your dirty oven racks baking soda and vinegar…
How Do You Clean Dirty Oven Racks In The Bathtub?
Sometimes sinking your oven racks in a tub is all that it takes to clean them.
- First, cover the bathtub floor with an old towel. In this way, you will make sure that your tub is not scratched by the racks.
- Next, put the racks on the towel and fill the tub with hot water to fully submerge them. The key here is to have the water as hot as you can get because the heat helps break down the soap.
- After that, add a large scoop of dish or laundry detergent or the same amount of liquid detergent and allow the mixture to work overnight.
- In the next morning, drain the tub and use a toothbrush or sponge to scrub any remaining grime or grease off, then rinse clean.
The following video shows you how to clean your dirty oven racks in the bathtub…
In summary, oven racks are often forgotten, but the grease and grime baked into them can affect the way your food bakes and tastes. Use the above-listed methods to clean oven racks easily without having to inhale harmful chemicals!