Here you will find 3 easy ways to clean a toilet bowl without scrubbing including cleaning your toilet bowl with white vinegar, cleaning gel, and using an automatic toilet bowl cleaner.
Cleaning a toilet bowl is not something many people prioritize when it comes to things that they want to do in their homes, but it is very important. Fortunately, there are several ways to clean a dirty toilet.
Many people do a lot of scrubbing via the toilet brush in order to get rid of the toilet stains or rings. However, it is not needed. There are a number of methods to clean a toilet bowl without scrubbing.
By the way, you may be interested in our review for the best Elongated Toilet Seat That Doesn’t Move
Following are some of the best ways to clean your toilet bowl:
How To Clean Your Toilet Bowl With Bleach
Using thick bleach is one of the best ways to clean your toilet bowl without touching it. This method works best if the primary issue is dirt or stains at the bottom of the toilet bowl.
After flushing the toilet for the last time at night, simply pour about half a cup of bleach in the bowl and then go to sleep.
In the morning, you will have a clean toilet.
This method is obviously not as helpful when it comes to cleaning the whole bowl or its sides but it is ideal for cleaning the bottom part of it.
If you want to use bleach to clean the entire bowl, then you will need to dilute it with water and use a sponge or cloth to clean.
Clean Your Toilet Bowl With White Vinegar
This method is ideal for cleaning the ring of stains in your toilet bowl.
- Start by shutting off the valve on the wall behind your toilet and flushing the toilet until it is empty.
- Next, use white vinegar to fully soak toilet paper.
- Then place it on the ring.
- Now leave the paper there overnight.
- In the morning, turn on the water back on and flush.
This video shows you how clean a toilet can get by using vinegar:
Clean Your Toilet Bowl With Toilet Cleaning Gel
This is another simple but brilliant solution for busy people who don’t want to spend their time scrubbing to clean their toilets.
- Toilet cleaning gels come with an applicator that makes it easy to apply the gel to the sides of the toilet bowl.
- Every time you flush, the gel keeps the toilet fresh and clean.
- It gives it a nice scent as well.
- The idea of toilet cleaning gel is similar to the clip-on type of cleaners but it is relatively more convenient.
The cleansing gel is ideal for toilets that flush using water coming from the sides and above. It needs to be replaced every 1-2 weeks.
This video shows you how to clean your toilet naturally with baking soda and vinegar
Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner
This is a great toilet cleaning solution that saves you the hassle of scrubbing.
- You simply need to install a quality automatic toilet bowl cleaner inside the tank.
- Then every time you flush the toilet, it will pump cleaning material through the filling mechanism.
- It needs to be replaced every 2-3 months depending on how hard the water is in the area as well as how frequently the toilet is used.
Similar to toilet cleaning gel, this solution leaves a nice scent in the toilet.
This quick video shows you the do’s and don’ts of toilet bowl cleaners:
In summary, these are some of the best ways to clean a toilet bowl without scrubbing. Before you use any of these methods, make sure to double-check that it is safe to use on your toilet.
This is particularly important if you have a slightly different toilet from the majority in your country or you have any additional material.