If you are getting on in years or if you want to provide a way for your elderly parents to stay active in the comfort of their own home then the following 7 exercise bikes have lots of seniors using them with great success…
All of these exercise bikes provide the solution to the following questions…
- Is the bike easy to get on and off?
- Is it easy to use?
- Is it quiet while watching TV?
- Is the seat comfortable?
- Is it lightweight and easy to move?
- Is it low impact?
- Is it safe and stable?
Below I have listed the exercise bikes in order of the highest number of reviewer comments concerning how well they performed for the elderly…
Exerpeutic Is A Good Exercise Bike For Seniors
The following exercise bike is a popular seller with over 15,828 reviews and has an excellent 75% of those reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
Its small size makes it easy to store and transport, and its magnetic tension control system allows you to change the all resistance with ease.
Summary of comments from Exerpeutic Exercise Bike reviews:
I got this for my 71 year old father who had spinal stenosis, and hip surgery. He is a bit overweight and has difficulty walking. This bike was easy for him to get on and off, and he said his hip did not hurt at all when he finished riding it.
- I got this bike to lower my blood sugar. I take a half-hour a day to exercise. I am 70 years old.
- Love this bike. I’m 70 years old. Oh, the seat is comfortable too. My 82 yr old husband enjoys riding it too.
- I purchased one of these for my 75-year-old father for Christmas.
- My mother-in-law heard about this great little bike and decided she wanted one as well. She is 77 years old.
- Both my father and my mother in law are enjoying their bikes and staying active.
- I am 73 years old, 6 ft. tall, and 195 pounds. I was concerned that this bike might not be stable enough and could tip over under my weight. But it is perfectly stable and very quiet.
- My mom requested a simple stationary bike so that she could work out in front of the TV.
- This has a larger comfortable seat and lightweight enough to move to the side of the room when not in use.
- It takes up very little space also.
- Both my parents are old so they want something that is easier on their knees and they told me they are happy with this bike.
- My husband at 77 years old carried it up to our stairs by himself, so how heavy and hard to move can it be?
- I am a 65-year-old female and wasn’t looking for a gym-quality bike, just something that would give me a low-impact workout. And this has exceeded my expectations.
- Have worked up to 30-minute workouts at resistance level 3. Should add that I am 71 years old and keep a pace of 12 to 13 mph.
- This is a very comfortable bike. I’m a 66-year-old woman and I had no problem with the assembly.
- My son-in-law felt it was perfect for him, yet it is perfect for my 74-year-old frame.
- I’m a 65-year-old gal, using it for rehab for a recent knee replacement. My physical therapist gave it a thumbs up as having everything I should have.
- My 85-year-old father had total knee replacements of BOTH his knees at the SAME time this past Dec.
- I am a 68 yr old female on the high end of the weight limit. I feel totally comfortable on this bike.
- With all the daily exercises my father must do to increase his knees recovery, he LOVES the stationary bike!
- My 77-year-old mom loves it.
- Very sturdy to ride, stores and sets up in seconds, and is comfortable for my 83-year-old body which is 5’11” tall and weighs 240 pounds.
- I’m 75 years old and just had a knee replacement. I bought this bike for exercising my legs/ knees. It was one of the best purchases I made.
Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike (Easy To Get On & Off)
The following exercise bike is also hugely popular and has earned Amazon Choice status. It has over 13,679 reviews with an excellent 71% of those reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
This bike has a low step-through design for easy access, and a padded seat to help reduce strain on your lower back.
Summary of comments from Marcy Exercise Bike reviews:
First one was for a 90 year old lady we watch after and requested that I find her an exercise bike. My sister nurse recommended a recumbent. The 90 year old lady loves it, using it daily. She said her one leg that was giving her problems is much better.
- I’m a 72-year-old woman and I was able to get it upstairs and put it together by myself.
- My 70-year-old wife tried out the bike, she wanted one.
- I got this for my 80-year-old mother who can no longer use her treadmill. She likes it.
- Another elderly couple friend of ours and the 90-year-old lady we watch after said they wanted one.
- I’m 69 yrs old & had no problem picking it up & moving it after assembled.
- I am using it while watching TV – it’s very comfortable sitting and I feel like I am getting a good workout for my 67-year-old knees and thighs.
- It’s a great value, and I highly recommend it to those looking for comfortable aerobic exercise.
- By the way, I am 77 years old and have some muscle issues. This keeps me limber and strong!
- I am 72 yrs old and my wife is 74 yrs old, so we do not plan on doing the “Le Tour De France”; however, we like to exercise a little and stay in decent shape.
- If you want to exercise and strengthen your leg muscles without too much effort and without spending the normally $2000 for an exercise bike, this is it.
- Great for old folks like me!
- I am 70 years old and I can easily move this.
- Super easy to use and so great to be able to just start using it even if it’s not on. So comfortable!
- I’m 80 years old and think this is a great product.
- I got this for my 87-year-old mother, who is 5 ft tall. She loves it.
- First, she fits--her feet reach the pedals easily!
- It’s comfortable, easy to adjust, NOT gadget-laden, with a nice big display.
- Bought this for my 90-year-old father. He loves it and bikes for at least an hour each day, usually in two thirty-minute sessions.
- He says it easy to get on and pedals smoothly. It is also easy for him to move.
- Bought this for my 92-year-old mom. She is riding it daily. Easier for her to get on and off independently.
Vaunn Medical Pedal Exerciser (Physical Therapy For Seniors)
The following pedal exerciser has also reached Amazon Choice status. It has over 6,696 reviews with a good 61% of those reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
This low impact exercise bike designed for use during physiotherapy to strengthen the muscles and improve circulation.
Summary of comments from Vaunn Medical Exercise Bike reviews:
I purchased for my 90 year old mother and it has provided her with perfect exercise while watching the television. She liked it so much that I purchased one for my mother in law.
- This was purchased for my 89-year-old father.
- It is very lightweight. I’m 79 years old, with arthritis in my hands and knees. I can easily pick it up with one hand and carry it wherever I want it.
- I bought a pedal exerciser for my 86-year old mother-in-law on recommendation from her physical therapist to help strengthen her legs.
- It seemed almost effortless, as I started with the lowest level of tension in the knob, but this morning my knees felt so much better.
- This is so much better than sitting motionless while watching TV or talking on the phone.
- I’m a 75-year-old female and I use my non-bike at least twice a day, usually for 30 minutes each time.
- It keeps me active rather than being sedentary in front of the TV.
- It is lightweight enough that I can easily store it out of the way when not in use and another benefit is it is easily foldable.
- I bought this for my 91-year-old mother to use when she can’t walk outside.
- It’s so easy for her to use and watches tv while peddling.
- We purchased for my 86 yr old father in law to help with circulation. It is perfect!
- This provides an excellent way to keep moving without the risk of falls.
- My 86 year old mother found this very easy to use!
- This is the perfect exercise for my 96-year-old father.
- My 82-year-old father loves to sit in his chair and peddle! It is an easy way for him to get some exercise safely.
- This item was purchased to assist my 80-year-old mother with her rehab therapy. It has been extremely beneficial for her.
Vanswe Is A Good Stationary Bike (Great For Elderly Patients)
The following exercise bike has an excellent 73% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
A low starting resistance enables your body to adjust slowly to the workout while never having to maintain effort on any one level.
Summary of comments from Vanswe Exercise Bike reviews:
I am 73 with severe arthritis in my knees. This bike is perfect. It is sturdy on a carpet. It is low to the ground and you walk through the frame to get on the bike. There is no difficult swinging your leg over a bar.
- I am a 75-year old, very overweight woman. This exercise bike has everything I was hoping for!
- I bought this bike to help with the range of motion in my knees. I’m 70 years old, 5’2″ &160 lbs.
- I’m 90 years old and needed it for physical therapy and it works fine.
- I”m an active 63-year-old and I find this bike to be a perfect fit for me! It’s also easy to move around!
- Works great for an old lady! I bought this to use in my house to get a little exercise.
- We have a household of teens, an elderly relative, and ourselves. All of us plan on using this bike, so we needed something sturdy that would be simple to use.
- I and my wife are very happy with this product. We are both seniors 70 and 60’s.
- Awesome product. Bought it for my elderly father who has severe diabetes.
- He has been using it every day. The seat is very wide and gives him good support.
- Works get, not too big, great for my elderly patients.
- My wife and I are an elderly couple. This bike was very comfortable and easy to use so we were enjoying using it.
- I feel this bike would be an asset not just to seniors or persons with arthritis or knee problems, but to anyone looking to begin an exercise or weight loss program.
- Great Exercise Bike for Seniors.
- Love this bike! it’s comfy; easy to use and well designed in every way. Great for seniors and even fun for a non-athlete.
- It was a gift for my senior parents who have been using it daily, getting them back into an exercise routine.
DeskCycle Is A Good Bike Pedal Exerciser
The following exercise bike is another reach Amazon Choice status with over 4,384 reviews and has an excellent 78% of those reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
The DeskCycle is an innovative pedal exerciser that allows you to stay in shape while you work, watch television, or read a book.
Summary of comments from DeskCycle Exercise Bike reviews:
I bought one of these machines for my 85-year-old mother that has a lot of health issues. Her legs were very swollen due to immobility that concerned her doctors and family. It made all the difference in the world in her mobility!
- This unit is great for seniors and anyone that sits too much.
- Got one for my 85-year-old mother to use while she watches her television shows, and she loves it.
- This on the floor cycle works great.
- It is used by a woman who is 80 years old and unable to walk for exercise.
- The device is quiet and easy for her to move around.
- I am 82 & have a bad back that does not allow me to walk very much. I bought the item to put strength back in my legs.
- Purchased for my 90-year-old father that does not get out of the house.
- This is amazing. He is able to exercise every day by himself.
- He’s able to exercise while he is watching his favorite TV show!
- Bought this for my 93-year-old mother-in-law who has problems with her mobility, and subsequent problems with swelling in her lower legs.
- Now she can watch TV and get some worthwhile simple exercise.
- She averages five-plus miles per day, keeping the swelling down and watching her news programs.
- Got this for my 92-year-old Mother. Easy for her to use
- Stays put and it does not slide when she uses it and she can sit in her favorite chair.
- I bought it for 90yr old mom. She loves it. Used every day.
- Great for watching TV and keeping my old legs working.
JEEKEE Exercise Bike (For Post Surgery, Rehab, Overweight People)
The following exercise bike is popular with over 1,170 reviews and has a good 69% of those reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
This adult exercise bike can be used by post-surgery seniors, rehab patients, overweight people and even athletes for shoulder/back workouts.
Summary of comments from JEEKEE Exercise Bike reviews:
For us seniors, the bike is perfect. Easy to get on and off. And, again, their support was great. I wish all companies made the same commitment to customer support.
- As a senior, I needed a way to exercise my legs when staying in and when the weather is bad. This bike is perfect for my needs.
- I’m a 66 yr old 5” 3’ woman with RA and a crappy knee and this bike is awesome!!
- It works for me, I’m 91 years old.
- A bike that is comfortable for daily use by an old geezer. Perfect to get on and off.
- I’m 75 years old. I’ve had several stationary bikes before and I do recommend this bike!
- The bike seat is comfortable and adjusts easily.
- I love that it’s not overwhelming technical because my 65year old mother can easily use it.
- This is a nice bike for Senior citizens.
- As a senior citizen, the backrest feels great on my fragile lower back.
- Was very pleased with this exercise bike. Perfect for seniors.
- My parents can not be happier and it is very safe for the elderly to exercise.
Sunny Health & Fitness Has A Good Exercise Bike For Seniors
The following exercise bike has also reached Amazon Choice status with over 1,723 reviews and has a good 68% of those reviewers rating it 5 out of 5 stars.
With adjustable resistance levels, this bike is suitable for people of varying fitness levels and it features a low step frame that makes it easier for anyone to get on and off.
Summary of comments from Sunny Health & Fitness Exercise Bike reviews:
Purchased this for my Dad who has Parkinson’s since it has the step through and now my 84 year old mother with 2 Knee replacements has also taken to this bike as she doesn’t need to lift her leg to be seated.
- Very functional, comfortable, and stable for an 80-year-old father… or anybody!
- Got this to help my mid-80-year-old grandparents… they absolutely love it!
- They say it is similar to the type of bike they used in the physical therapy sessions at the hospital after my grandfather’s stroke.
- The seat works well for them… they are neither skinny nor overweight.
- The hands and feet movement helps them stay active without putting a lot of pressure on their feet.
- My grandfather was using a walker, so couldn’t exercise with all his weight on his legs, but he could do this!
- Both my 90-year old husband and I (who am in my 70’s) can easily use this bike.
- This machine is very quiet so it is easy to watch t.v. or be with family while riding, as it is not disruptive.
- I am 77 years old, trying to get in shape. Love this bike so far! It’s real sturdy and easy to adjust the tension.
- It was inexpensive and great for this old guy.
- I bought this bike for my 86 and 91-year-old parents. It has provided my parents the capability to exercise daily in the comfort of their home.
- Bought it for my 87-year-old mother. She loves it.
In summary, as you can see all of the bikes above are ideal for seniors. In fact, they work for everyone no matter what your age.
- They are all easy to get on and off with no high bars or awkward situations where you have to throw your leg over a bar. They are either walkthrough or of course the pedal bikes you don’t have to get on at all.
- They are all easy to use with smooth pedaling motions and the resistance can be adjusted to different levels.
- They are all quiet and you can use them while watching TV or without annoying others around you.
- If they have a seat they are comfortable. I have experienced the pain of an uncomfortable stationary bike seat and it is awful so this is vitally important.
- They are lightweight and easy to move. This is a necessary component for elderly people as the bike must be easy to move around and store away if necessary.
- They are all low impact and ideal for keeping the joints moving and even as physical therapy for knee surgery recovery and the like.
- They are all safe and stable. Not only technically but elderly people actually feel safe on them.
You may also be interested in… Is Exerpeutic A Good Brand? (Cheap Alternative For Exercise), Best Electric Can Opener: Ideal For Elderly & Arthritis Sufferers and Best Stationary Bike For A Heavy Person: No More Tailbone Pain