If you are looking for the best folding kitchen step stool then we are confident enough to say we have found it. If you want a kitchen stool for your toddler that will grow with your child as they get older and will even make a fantastic hand me down for your kids one day than the Guidecraft helper stool is the best choice.
On the other hand, if you want a foldable stool so that an adult can better reach those hard to get at places than we recommend the LUISLADDERS Folding Step Stool.
“Our Best Folding Kitchen Step Stool That Grows With Your Child”
Here Is What Reviewers Said About This Folding Kitchen Step Stool:
So Many Great Memories Were Made With Our Kitchen Helper!
“We bought this over 6 years ago and it was one of the best kid purchases we made. We bought it when my son was 2 and used it daily for years. When our daughter was big enough to stand she started using it too! Both of them would stand in it to dye eggs, bake cookies, or help with dinner. I loved having them up and secure. When it was not being used it stored folded up in our pantry.“
- Our daughter basically lived in it for about three and a half years.
- We placed our tower on the far side of the bar in our kitchen, and if my husband or I were cooking, washing dishes, putting away groceries or sorting bills, our daughter was in her tower, keeping us company.
- She would color or play with toys or actually help with kitchen chores while she stood there.
- If I was baking a cake or rolling out pie dough, she was right there, across the counter, helping.
- This tower helped us spend *hundreds* of hours together that we would have missed out on otherwise.
- My daughter loves this! Now she can help me in the kitchen or make art projects and it’s so much easier for me because she is at the same height as me now.
- Nice item and is very helpful in the kitchen. I have a 2-year-old granddaughter who loves to climb up inside the tower.
- My daughter likes to help out, this is perfect for her in the kitchen.
- It allows her to help with cooking and baking or just to watch.
“My only regret with this purchase is not purchasing it sooner. My daughter is 20 months and loves being part of the kitchen action. Previously we would have to hold her up (exhausting) or sit her on the island (unsafe). The GuideCraft is well made and light weight enough to move around easily. Also folds up quite simply if you ever don’t want it out.”
- Curious kids love to see what’s going on in the kitchen and this gives them a perfect vantage point to all the action.
- This was the best thing we got my toddler for Xmas. Keeps him occupied, playing with toys on the kitchen counter keeping us company when we cook or hang out at the counter.
- I can’t imagine my life without this kitchen helper. Seriously.
- My almost 2-year-old and I use this helper every single day.
- We usually eat breakfast and often lunch in the kitchen together with her in her kitchen helper.
- I absolutely love our Kitchen Helper. I have a young toddler who constantly wants to help in the kitchen and this has been wonderful.
- It is really really a great way to bring your little guy into the kitchen with you, at a reasonable height so he can explore differently.
“I’m not exaggerating when I say this helper has changed my life. My 13 month old always wants to know what I’m doing in the kitchen and was constantly crawling up my leg or whining for me to pick her up. I got this so she could be at counter height with me when I cook and clean. SHE LOVES IT! She stands at our island and watches while I cut up fruits and veggies or I bring it over to the sink when I wash dishes. She’s so much happier and I love that she gets to be more “involved” at meal time.”
- This has been a joy for our family in the kitchen.
- My daughter has gotten to start helping with making meals and baking all sorts of treats.
- She is easily able to climb in and out by herself.
- My daughter loves this tower for helping in the kitchen, eating, and other activities at the counter.
- We love having our little munchkin engaged in kitchen activities, from cracking eggs and stirring to prepping lunch containers.
- This is truly the best thing we could have got our 2 yr old for the kitchen!
- It’s good for washing hands, helping in the kitchen, playing w/ toys & art on the kitchen counter while we’re cooking or cleaning, and it has replaced our high chair.
- I love this tower and the freedom it gives me while cooking in the kitchen.
- My daughter loves being up and a part of the action.
This Folding Kitchen Step Stool Is A Great Space Saver!
“The BEST part: I can fold it up and put it in the closet when he’s not using it!! It folds inwards and can stand on its own when folded. I just put it in the closet.”
- Feels super sturdy and stable and love that I can fold and store in the closet.
- It is easy to fold the kitchen stool and put it away and unfold to use.
- I love that it folds.
- It’s easy to fold up and doesn’t take up much space when folded.
- I can keep it behind my pantry door.
- Definitely a space-saving kitchen stool.
- It folds easily and fits into our end cleaning cabinet so it’s out of sight when not in use.
- The GuideCraft is well made and lightweight enough to move around easily. Also folds up quite simply if you ever don’t want it out.
- It folds down nicely, so we can store it upright, out of the way when not in use.
“I’ll be honest this is one of the best purchases I’ve made on Amazon. I have purchased a lot of expensive items and had poor luck, but this is a real win. It folds easy, which is a great space saver, is pretty much put together when you open it which is why I’m giving it 5 stars! I can not say enough good about it. Highly recommend!”
- This stool works great and folds away so we can tuck it out of sight when not in use.
- We have a small space so the fact that I can fold it up and stick it in the pantry when not in use has been fantastic.
- It’s very easy to fold and unfold and when folded it takes up very little space.
- I love that it was easy to assemble and folds up to save space.
- We have a small kitchen, so I needed something that can fold and be stored away in the utility closet – folding is very easy and takes under 1 minute.
- I babysit one day a week so it is great how flat it folds up.
- When my granddaughter is not here I just fold it up and slide it up next to the wall behind her highchair.
- I like the stability of the tower & the folding option meets our storage needs.
- It folds up nice to put in the pantry and is easy to move for the kids to use.
“We love our kitchen helper! Our 2 year old LOVES to help in the kitchen. This allows her to stand at the counter and reach without me worrying that she will slip and fall off. Plus it’s really cute to look at. And my favorite feature…it folds up for storage!“
- Very nice quality and so nice that it folds up to be put away when not in use.
- When folded is only about 5 inches deep so easily stows away in a small pantry or corner of the kitchen.
- It folds up super nice and stores well.
- We love that it can be folded for easy out of the way storage, but it is also compact enough to leave out if needed.
- We keep it folded next to our refrigerator and our four years old can pull it out by himself, unfold it, put the latches down, put the platform down, and climb on all by himself.
- He also puts it away all by himself.
- We love that it folds down because we don’t have a ton of space in our kitchen.
- He can move it from the sink to the island and back easily.
- We would not have gotten it if it wasn’t able to be folded down quickly.
This Folding Kitchen Step Stool Is An Excellent Learning Tower!
“I am writing this review 5 1/2 years after we ordered this stool. I’ve always heard it referred to as a “Learning Tower,” which isn’t in the description, so hopefully including the words here will help people using that search term.”
- It took 1-2 days for her to learn how to climb into it on her own, and now she runs into it immediately upon arriving home from daycare to watch us make dinner.
- I wasn’t sure about the design with the cut out shapes, but I actually like it now because my son is learning his shapes and points them out to me when we use it.
- We love this learning tower! My (very tall) 15 month old loves to “help” me bake and I was struggling holding him with one arm and using the other.
- I completely recommend this to people with small kitchens or just don’t want to pay so much $$ for a learning tower.
- There is one other main competitor in this area – the Learning Tower. The reason I chose this item is that it was considerably less expensive and it collapses for easy storage.
- I would definitely recommend this product to all parents with a toddler that’s interested in learning more about what goes on in the kitchen.
“My 2 year old loves this learning tower. It is perfect height for the kitchen counter on the top level and can be moved down as he grows. He can crawl in and out himself. The natural wood is pretty and a sturdy good quality wood. I like the fold up feature so it can be tucked away when not in use. I would recommend this to anyone with a child who likes to help in the kitchen.”
- Since we purchased this, she has learned how to make quesadillas, sort fruit, wash her hands in the sink, and get water from the fridge.
- I get the same benefits as the more expensive learning center for less!
- Our child can stand at a safe distance from the stove and watch everything we do from cooking to chopping, making a sandwich…..even help with tasks like stirring batter for cakes, tearing lettuce for salads, etc.
- So it also serves as a great learning tool!
- I bought the Guidekraft tower over the learning tower because it is a little smaller and can fold up when not in use.
- A great way for children to learn about kitchen activities and be more involved.
- I love that it encourages learning in the kitchen and family interaction.
This Folding Kitchen Step Stool Is Worth The Money!
“We LOVE this kitchen helper!! We’ve had so many friends over and everyone comments that they want to get one. Love how easy it is to pull out and use and even better how compact it gets for storage. We are so happy we spent the money on this item! And not to mention our 18 month-old daughter absolutely loves it. Gives her so much independence and allows mama some uninterrupted cooking time in the kitchen! She actually asks to get it out.”
- 100% worth the money.
- This is easily the best money I’ve spent in a long time.
- My wife said it was worth the money after one use.
- This is worth the money!
- Well worth the money spent- amazing quality and my daughter is in love with it.
- Yes, they are worth the money!
- I have not found anything that is dislike about it. It’s is worth the money.
- This is worth the money, quality made, sturdy and will be used for many years.
- Again well worth the money and I’m sure this will be a great hand me down.
- We aren’t the type of people who buy lots of gear for our little one, but this is one item that is worth the money.
Other Excellent Folding Kitchen Step Stools Worth Considering:
In summary, we really like the Guidecraft Classic Kitchen Helper Stool as the overall best folding kitchen step stool especially if you want one for children and a stool that will be with them as they grow.
If you are looking for an adult kitchen stool to help you reach those hard to get at places than we recommend the LUISLADDERS Folding Step Stool.
You may also be interested in the Best Wooden Step Stool With Safety Handrails