Ferret owners agree that the MidWest Homes Deluxe Ferret Nation cage is not only the best cage for ferrets and chinchillas it is also by far the easiest to clean…
The reason it is so easy to clean is that all of the double doors on the Ferret Nation open completely wide for easy access and therefore cleaning the cage is a breeze.
The layout and overall design also contribute to making the Ferret nation the easiest to clean ferret cage and the pull-out pans just add another touch to the simple cleaning process…
7 Reasons Why The MidWest Homes Deluxe Ferret Nation Is The Best Cage For Ferrets And Chinchillas!
Here Is What Reviewers Had To Say About The Ferret Nation Cage…
The Doors Are Wide So It’s Very Easy To Clean & To Add Cage Accessories Too!
I like the locking latches on the doors, the fact that the doors swing completely open, as well as the ability to separate the upper and lower levels. We keep all the food/water/litter box on the lower level, so we just put our ferret in the top level, block the ramp to the bottom, and take our time cleaning the bottom level.
By the way, if you are wondering is MidWest Homes a trusted brand? Read our article… Why MidWest Homes For Pets Is A Good Brand
- It is so much easier to clean because of the double doors.
- One of the reasons I wanted to try this cage was the double opening doors. I really like that.
- The best part is that cleaning the entire setup is a breeze, because of the French doors.
- It’s so much easier to clean than other cages because the doors both open all the way.
- We’re happier that it’s easier to clean and catch our little guy because all four doors open all the way.
- The double doors on the top and bottom parts of the cage are extremely helpful for cleaning. And the removable trays are great.
- It’s also very easy to clean because the doors open up completely. Sometimes when a cage is difficult to clean you tend to put off cleaning it. I’m able to easily spot clean twice a day and deep clean once a week. It takes me only a few minutes.
- The double doors and layout make it so easy to clean and it is of great quality.
- My favorite thing about this is the doors, the doors swing open really far so they don’t get in the way of cleaning.
- Cleaning has become a breeze! It’s amazing how fast it is to clean this even if it has 4 levels!
- The full-width double doors allow easy access to parts of the cage and making cleaning a breeze with the pull out pans. Light years better than my first cage.
- The way the doors open so conveniently and wide makes cleaning so easy. This cage is phenomenal and I wouldn’t choose anything different.
Spare Yourself From The Frustration Of Other Cages And Get The MidWest Homes Ferret Cage That Has The Potential To House 4 Large Ferrets Very Comfortably!
We bought the double for our solo ferret. We’ve had her for over 4 yrs and finally opted for a cage and I’m glad we chose this one. I hate to “cage” her up so I wanted to be sure she had lots of room to roam and boy does she!
- The ramps come with coverings so it’s easier for the ferrets to walk up/down each level.
- Also, the cage comes with wheels so it’s easy to push if necessary.
- I’ve been through more than a few cages in the last 20 years of keeping Ferrets and this cage has been wonderful. My cage is currently holding 3 ferrets comfortably.
- It’s just a perfect cage! I couldn’t imagine using a different one!!!
- I highly recommend this cage if you are a ferret owner or are planning to become one.
- If you’re looking at cages for the first time, or to upgrade from your current setup, stop your search here. You won’t find a better cage.
- Also, this is the cage you want for ferrets (vs. their critter nation model). The bars on this one run vertically and are much harder to climb.
- I had a different commonly-seen ferret cage (with a purple base and green accessories) for 6.5 years before I bought this one. I had no idea what I was missing!
- This cage is so open and an absolute dream to clean.
- Not surprisingly the Ferret Nation cages are still the gold standard of ferret enclosures.
- Still the Best Ferret Cage on the Market!
- We LOVE this new cage we purchased for our two ferrets. I wish we would have had this cage from the beginning.
- Don’t bother buying a cheaper cage because you will just need to upgrade, ferrets are pretty difficult pets to clean after!
- This ferret cage is loved by both our ferrets and our cats as they really enjoy climbing and sleeping on top of it.
- I am very happy with the purchase of this cage. It is well designed for ferrets specifically it has plenty of room for them to climb and exercise and the shelves are not too high for them to fall and injure themselves. I have two ferrets that love it.
I’m Very Happy With This Ferret Nation Cage… It’s Very Heavy And Sturdy, Has Tons Of Room Inside, And The Adjustable Levels/Ramps Are Nice!
When the other reviews say this is a big cage, BELIEVE THEM. This thing is taller than me and I am 5’ 4”. It’s incredibly sturdy and solid and I like that you can block off the middle part and have it be two separate cages if needed. I have two ferrets that I house in this when I’m gone throughout the day – it’s a lot more room than they need which is nice for when I’m gone on the weekends and they’re confined to it.
- HUGE in my opinion. I think 3 ferrets could stay in here and still have plenty of room.
- I only have two ferrets and this is plenty of room for them. I use the second story as a soft, blanket filled play/sleep spot for them.
- This cage is perfect having multi-levels and lots of room for them to crawl around.
- Great ferret condo! Our two ferrets love it. It gives them lots of room and places to sleep.
- Plenty of room for 4 ferrets. Thank you Ferret Nation for a great product. And thank you Amazon!
- My ferret loves all the room, I was able to put his large exercise wheel in, where I haven’t been able to in other cages.
- They have so much more room for activities now!
- This cage is huge and gives my 3 ferrets plenty of room.
- My ferrets have so much room now, I can’t say enough good things about this cage. I hope if you read this, that you buy it and love it as much as I do.
- Love love love this cage for my 2 ferrets! There is so much space. I work 12-hour shifts and wanted them to have space to roam when I’m not home and with this cage, they have a ton of room!
- Enough room to hang two hammocks for the ferret to choose from and plenty of space for him to get around and play.
- The ferrets absolutely love the openness of it, they love their out of cage time, but there’s tons of room for their toys, hammocks, litter pans, etc.
- My ferrets have so much room to move around and can move to whatever level they please. Easy to hook water bottle to and hammocks and other things.
Video Demonstration Showing What You Can Do With The Ferret Nation!
This video is quite old now (produced by pia a) however it does show you what you can do with the Ferret Nation cage and accessories so that your ferrets love their environment…
The Shelves Have 3 Levels You Can Adjust Them To, Which Makes It Nice For Any Elderly, Ill, Or Disabled Ferrets!
The shelves are pretty big, and not so high up that if they fell or jumped off, they would get hurt (My ferret sometimes forgoes the ramp in favor of throwing himself off the shelves).
- All the doors open up, and the shelves come right out so you can wash them.
- She has plenty of room to run around and attaching shelves and accessories has been simple.
- The pans on the shelves and bottoms lift right out, and it’s easy to tuck a liner around it and put it back in the cage.
- I really like that the bottoms of the shelves have hooks to make it easy to hang hammocks or toys.
- I love the adjustable shelves because my ferret is young.
- The shelves are adjustable where you want to put them in the cage and you can even change what side they are on.
- With two main living areas and two shelves which provide more room to climb and explore, this gives plenty of floor space and hanging space for beds, hammocks, food, water, and litter boxes/trays.
- The arrangement and height of the shelves are very good and safe.
- Each of the smaller shelves is only about one body length higher than the larger shelves, so even if your ferret decides to go over the side and not use the ramp, they should not be injured.
- The hole descending down from the top large shelf, down to the second smaller shelf, is arranged underneath the first small shelf. This means a ferret can’t fall from the top level down to the third or fourth level at all.
- It has helped keep my oldest one active because I leave their food on the top shelf.
- Also, the storage shelf on the bottom is super handy!
The Wheels Roll Easy And Have Locks To Hold The Ferret Nation In Place… Super Convenient To Be Able To Move The Ferret Cage Around!
Awesome cage, the quality is amazing! It was somewhat easy for us to put together but once together it felt sturdy and rolls around great for when I put him in another room at bedtime.
- It is very sturdy so you don’t have to worry about it tipping over while they run around and also you could roll it around to different locations which are pretty convenient.
- So easy to clean and roll around.
- I just got all of the accessories and my babies love it. I really like being able to open the doors completely and roll them.
- Rolls super smooth, even on our carpeting.
- It’s nice and roomy and sturdy and I love that it’s on wheels.
- Wheels easy to roll and are made of durable plastic so no chance of rusting solid like my very old cage from a past ferret.
- Also, the cage comes with wheels so it’s easy to push if necessary.
- It has wheels on the bottom, easy to move.
- The best ferret cage we’ve ever had. It’s super easy to clean. The cage has nice wheels so I just move the cage closer to where it’s easier for me to clean it.
- It’s a spectacular cage, easy to clean, and easy to move once it’s on wheels. If you’re looking for a ferret cage, this is the one.
- I also like the wheels, which makes it easy to move when needed.
- It has wheels and a bottom shelf, two features I didn’t think I would really utilize but I ended up being very thankful for them.
The Ferret Nation Is Also The Best Cage For Chinchillas By Far… Worth The Money!
I must say that over all I really do like this cage and would recommend it to anyone that has a pet like a chinchilla. The bar sizing is great so that there are no escape plans hatched and your buddy won’t hurt themselves getting stuck.
- Since the chinchillas are big enough to not escape from the bars I like that the spacing makes it more open.
- I didn’t want to spend more for the Critter Nation just for that since the bars on the Ferret Nation are fine for Chinchillas. They grow big enough for this cage.
- The Best Chinchilla Cage Money Can Buy!
- Our chinchilla is much happier in this cage.
- We are using this for our chinchilla. The assembly was incredibly easy and our chinchilla loves his upgrade from the Kaytee cage which was just overused and way too flimsy and small for an active chinchilla.
- We bought one for our chinchilla a few months ago and it has worked so well we decided to upgrade our second chinchilla‘s cage as well.
- Perfect cage for a chinchilla.
- I am certain we will not have to replace these cages and furthermore our chinchillas seem genuinely comfortable and happy.
- My chinchilla loves all her new space!
- Amazing for anyone looking for a cage for their Chinchillas.
- I love this, it’s the best purchase I’ve made for my chinchillas. They love the room and I love how easy it is to clean.
I Wish We’d Gotten This Ferret Cage From The Start… It’s So Sturdy And Well Built
Bought this for my son, who has two ferrets – he and I put it together fairly quickly, and I was HUGELY impressed with its weight, sturdiness, and practicality!! This is an unbelievably well-made cage, and has all the practical options you need.
- Super ladders, with washable covers, and an extra shelf for storage of food and litter….he had tried several types of cages before, and they were always cheap and poorly-made, but this is as good as it gets!!
- This cage is so STURDY and well Built!! My Ferrets sleep on the top and they poo and pee on the bottom where I have their litter box.
- This ferret home is huge, and very well built. It’s also easy to build and very sturdy.
- The mainframe is extremely sturdy.
- A great amount of storage space underneath, and a super sturdy structure.
- This unit is very sturdy. A strong frame and wire panels.
- It’s incredibly sturdy and solid and I like that you can block off the middle part and have it be two separate cages if needed.
- The bars of the cage are also incredibly sturdy. There’s no way they can bend or break them, unlike my previous Kaytee wire cage which was flimsy as can be. I have no worries about their safety in this cage.
- I would recommend it to anyone looking for a spacious sturdy cage!
- No other cages I’ve researched have been this well designed and have as much space.
- It was easy to put together and is super sturdy.
- Top-quality, superior design and super easy to put together.
- Definitely a great quality and sturdy home for small animals!
- The unit is well designed and withstands the constant use of 2 ferrets. I can either isolate the two ferrets from one another, each having their own cage, or the pathway can be opened up so that they can play together.
- No other cage is as sturdy, easy to clean, and offers the square feet of usable space.
In summary, with two stories and plenty of space to roam, the Ferret Nation Double Unit gives you and your ferrets plenty of room to play.
With multiple levels and tunnels, your pets can explore from top to bottom, while the easy-to-open front door makes feeding a snap.
The MidWest Homes for Pets Deluxe Ferret Cage is hard to go past as the best ferret cage on the market. It is specifically designed for ferrets and has all of the features to keep your ferrets happy!
This ferret habitat features a fleece lining in the upper story, which helps prevent unwanted falls by helping your pet cling to the level above. It also comes with a motorized water bottle so you can keep your pet’s water supply fresh.
Here Is A Quick Recap Of The Benefits Customers Mentioned About The MidWest Homes Ferret Cage!
- This is the perfect cage for your ferrets and many ferret owners have wasted money on inferior cages before realizing it would have been better to get the MidWest Homes Ferret Cage in the beginning.
- The big feature of the MidWest Homes Ferret Cage is the space. Your ferrets will love all of the room this cage provides.
- Another huge selling point for this ferret cage is the double doors that swing wide open and makes your cage easy to clean and easy access to your ferrets.
- This cage has adjustable shelves and positioned safely.
- The MidWest Ferret Cage comes on wheels and is easy to move when you need to.
- The Ferret Nation is also proclaimed to be the best chinchilla cage by many chinchilla owners.
- It is a very well built and sturdy ferret cage.
You may also be interested in the Best Air Purifier For Ferret Odor