Cooking in a Dutch oven is easy and requires minimum effort. The advantages of using a Dutch oven are that you can cook several meals for the entire family…
If you are looking for the best dutch oven that is versatile for cooking multiple dishes including the most amazing bread then the Lodge brand is synonymous with the quality and the design that will make you wonder how you ever managed to cook without it…
You may also be interested in reading… Is Lodge A Good Brand
The Best Dutch Oven That Is Versatile You Can Cook Multiple Dishes Without Taking It Off The Stove
What Reviewers Said About This Dutch Oven:
Versatile Double Dutch Oven That Can Be Used For Multiple Cooking Purposes!
I was sold on the versatility of this double Dutch and ordered one. I love it! I use the lid all the time for sautéing and frying.
I made a whole baked chicken in it with plenty of room, about 4.5-5lb. bird on the Lodge cast iron trivet I bought also to go with it. Yum! My next attempt is this artisan bread everyone’s raving about.
- I have been cooking with Lodge cast iron for about 7 years and own 8 pieces from their inventory.
- The Double Dutch Oven is my favorite Lodge cookware due to its versatility.
- Bought this double dutch oven for its versatility as a skillet, deep-fry/searing pan, and dutch oven functions.
- I think this is one of those essential items that belong in everyone’s kitchen because of its versatility and dependability.
- Heavyweight cast iron with a versatile lid.
- LOVE this dutch oven! It works like a charm and the versatility of it deserves 10 stars.
- It’s a great size – we’ve already roasted a small whole chicken (w/ carrots and potatoes) and a chuck roast (w/ carrots and potatoes) using the pot with the lid, baked a huge batch of shepherd’s pie in just the pot without the lid, and made all sorts of breakfast items from pancakes to eggs in just the lid as a skillet.
- And this dutch oven is very versatile. It’s opened up the door to so many recipes. I often read a recipe that asks for a “heavy bottom pan that can be transferred from stovetop to oven” and think “I have that!”
- The versatility is fantastic, and I could even use these for regular cooking if my cast iron skillet is in use.
- This thing is great. Use the lid for a pan. Use the bottom for a pot. Or combine them for a Dutch oven.
- Super versatile and useful.
I ordered this to bake bread in, but can tell that it will be used for so much more. Cast iron is a must have for anyone who loves to cook.
I love the versatility and that you are basically getting 2 pans for the price of one. The lid is perfect for making a small batch of biscuits in.
- They are so versatile, well made IN THE USA (which we all know is NEVER the case anymore) and are made durably to last through the ages. I use this for soups, stews, roasts, you name it.
- Super-versatile! I bought this for my husband as he loves using cast iron, but I have used it the most.
- It’s perfect for baking bread, making stews, peach cobbler, and the top makes a great skillet for breakfast items. The gift that keeps on giving.
- The biggest advantages of this piece are it is a large size and the lid works as a medium-sized skillet – 2 pieces for the price of 1.
- I am very happy with my switch to cast iron and would highly recommend this piece due to its versatility.
- The major upside to this style compared with other Dutch ovens is that there’s no knob on top, so you can use the “lid” as a base, frying pan, etc. very versatile.
- I love that the lid flips over to make a skillet- makes it far more versatile.
- Two-person household and seriously used daily… pretty much the only thing needed because it’s so versatile. Bread, casseroles, soups, chili…top for crisps, cookies (awesome), pineapple upside-down, breakfast.
- The lodge is the undisputed king of cast iron and I end up using this every time I cook–the lid is much more versatile than I thought and I use it just like a daily pan.
- For roasting, deep-frying, and even bread baking, this is your go-to tool.
This Dutch Oven Bakes Super Awesome Bread That Rivals Anything You Can Get At Your Bakery!
For what this costs, it’s an amazing product. I’ve used it as a dutch oven, I use it to bake artisan bread, I use the top as a skillet, and it works on the stove, in the oven and on the grill.
Lodge hit a home run with this product. This product also features on our best gift list… Practical Gift Ideas For Christmas, Birthday, And Housewarming
- Love this double dutch oven for baking bread.
- The lodge brand and the ability to make no-knead bread were also key factors.
- I use it in two ways for making bread.
- Makes a good crusty bread. The top pan traps in the moisture.
- I bought this little (dutch oven) pot to make organic NO KNEAD bread. It turned out awesome, first, try.
- The best dutch oven for baking some awesome bread.
- It’s amazing and with little effort creates the best crunchy crust.
- I bought it for baking sourdough bread, and it works PERFECTLY!
- Then I made homemade bread in the pot in my oven. So easy and delicious!
- The pot heats evenly and I use it covered to bake bread. It helps bake bread with a nice crust.
- I’ve finally made no-knead bread in this double Dutch and it is fabulous!
- This pan is excellent for baking large sourdough recipes!
- It makes a delightfully crispy crust on your sourdough and on your Italian bread recipes.
- I love making bread so this is going to be a regular for me.
- It’s the perfect size for everything I do from whole chickens and roasts to stews, soups, desserts, and all kinds of homemade bread.
This cast iron Dutch oven is a must for anyone who cooks or bakes. I made sourdough bread using this dutch oven and it turned out perfectly.
Great for chili, stews ,pork roast ,soups etc…. Everything just tastes better when cooked in a well seasoned cast iron pot. Easy to clean and season.
- I purchased this over a year ago so I could bake “no-knead” bread – works beautifully every time!!
- Primarily I use this pot to cook bread and have experimented with many no-knead bread receipts.
- I absolutely love this product for making bread loaves (boules)!
- Recently I began making homemade bread, so I purchased the Lodge Duch Oven.
- Oh! my gosh! What beautiful bread it makes.
- The bread is crusty and light and tasty.
- I never thought I could bake such a nice loaf of bread.
- My husband bought this to make bread and it is fantastic.
- This is the perfect size for bread baking, in particular a boule.
- Works great, and surprisingly, I use it more for bread than anything else.
- I get an amazing oven spring in the bread.
The Best Dutch Oven For The Money!
For what this costs, it’s an amazing product. I’ve used it as a dutch oven, I use it to bake artisan bread, I use the top as a skillet, and it works on the stove, in the oven and on the grill. Lodge hit a home run with this product.
- This was definitely worth my money and it’s cheaper than those pretty enameled ones but I think this looks lovely.
- Lodge’s are a classic, and consider pretty much everything they sell to be high-quality items that good value for money.
- This product offers versatility and is a great investment that you will most definitely get your money worth out of!!
- Overall a very good value for the money, and I highly recommend this quality Made in America product.
- The value of being a skillet and a pot is amazing.
- Can’t beat the value for the price in my opinion.
- The skillet lid, 5-quart pot, and dutch oven combo make this an excellent value.
- I’m so impressed with the quality and value of this dutch oven that I’m looking to buy another smaller one and a round griddle.
- Best value of the various similar choices, I looked at everything they make.
- Great value too – compared to all the enameled cast iron cookware.
- This ability makes it a doubly functional and wonderful value.
It is really heavy when used as a set, which is likely why I don’t use it as a set too often. For the most part, we separate them into two pieces and just use a random cover from our collection.
But for a starter or small kitchen, this is a great way to go. In addition to using the cover as a skillet, we frequently use it for pies, quiches, etc. It’s so versatile, it is worth every penny. And you can’t beat the price!
- This is genuine cast iron and completely worth the money!
- I get an amazing oven spring in the bread.
- The value of this dutch oven is unbeatable! Heavy, durable, and it was seasoned perfectly.
- Buy it – the value is tremendous, and you won’t regret it!
- It is reasonably priced and once seasoned, it is a wonderful dutch oven and the skillet makes it an extra good value.
- What’s not to love? This is a great pot and lid combo. The price is incredibly good.
- Now I have found what I’m looking for for a long time and I couldn’t believe the price because cast iron is so expensive!!
- You can expect this product to last your lifetimes. Not to mention the price… you just can’t beat it.
- In my opinion, this is an awesome price for a pot of this size and quality.
- I have wanted one of these forever and finally bought this one because it was such a wonderful price for two cast iron cooking vessels. You cannot beat cast iron.
This Dutch Oven Is A Fantastic Gift Idea!
I bought this as a gift and it was very well received. The reviews helped secure my decision to purchase this. The idea that both the top and bottom can be used independently really sealed the deal.
Nothing holds the heat as well as cast iron and I trust Lodge’s quality. This should last a lifetime. Great combination.
- It’s worth giving as a gift to anyone who truly loves to cook and these pieces only get better with time due to the seasoning process.
- Bought this as a gift for my foodie husband and he loves it!
- This has been the best gift I have received in years.
- I got this as a gift for my son who has become quite a cast iron fan.
- It was a gift for my sister, she loves it.
- I got this as a gift for my brother’s wedding, and they loved it!
- Purchased as a wedding shower gift… 2 days after the shower, the bride sent me a picture of her using the skillet cover to fry fish!
- It would make a fantastic gift for a bridal shower or for someone who loves camping.
- So, this would be a great gift for any friends or family that enjoy cooking but practice a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle.
- It’s a win-win all around and it’s the gift that keeps on giving.
I purchased this as a wedding gift. I was gifted one over the holidays a couple years back and I love it SO much I had to share one!
I love baking bread in it, making a whole chicken..the top doubles as a pan. What more could you want in one piece!?
- I love mine and hope the recipient of this gift loves hers as well.
- It turned out to be a great gift.
- I would purchase it again to give as a wedding/housewarming gift.
- The fact that it’s made in the U.S.A., which was a priority for my purchases this year, put it high on my gifting list.
- I bought a few of these for gifts for Christmas… excellent product.
- It would make a great gift cooked the best chuck roast in a pot I ever made.
- Perfect gift for newlyweds, or as just an extra addition to an established kitchen.
- I received this as a Christmas gift last year and I absolutely LOVE it!
- This was a perfect gift for my wife who loves to cook!
Other Excellent Dutch Ovens To Consider:
You should also consider reading Is Tramontina A Good Brand
In summary, the Lodge L8DD3 Double Dutch Oven and Casserole with Skillet Cover reigns supreme as our number one choice as the best dutch oven that is versatile. It is truly a high-quality kitchen item that will last for a very long time.
If you want a dutch oven strictly for camping purposes then the Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven would be our top pick as the best dutch oven for camping.
You may also be interested in the Best Toaster Oven That Cooks Pizza and Can You Bake Bread In A Lodge Dutch Oven? (Yes – It’s Fantastic)