Here you will find the best carpet sweepers you can buy in 2021. They may be considered an old-fashioned way of vacuuming and have for the most part been replaced by the more modern stick vacuums however they still do the same job and are built to last…
I remember growing up with carpet sweepers as a kid and thinking they were the best thing ever. They are quick, lightweight, and easy to get out and use as opposed to lugging a large corded vacuum out for simple jobs.
And unlike their modern counterparts, they require no batteries either just pure push technology that also saves the hassle of replacing batteries, losing power before the jobs finished, and so on.
So yes, they may be old fashioned but they are built with better technology these days and provides a hassle-free way of vacuuming daily and you only have to get the big vacuum out once a week or so.
So let’s have a more in-depth look at each carper sweeper in order of the highest percentage of 5-star ratings:
Top-Rated Shark Carpet Sweeper
If you are looking for a Shark carpet sweeper, then this carpet sweeper could be the ideal solution for you. This Shark carpet sweeper has 67% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5-stars, which is good. You can see how impressive the Shark brand is from here… Is Shark A Good Vacuum (Discover Why People Love The Shark Brand)
What Did Customers Say They Liked About This Shark Carpet Sweeper?
- Excellent floor and carpet sweeper.
- Efficient, quick charging, maneuverable, lightweight, quiet.
- Great on pet hair, does well on carpeted steps where a vacuum loses suction.
- It keeps me from hauling out the big vacuum so often.
- A terrific and handy device that works like an electric carpet sweeper.
- Use this cordless vacuum and you will be amazed at how well it picks up dirt and cleans in a hurry.
- I use mine for my whole apartment and also for small jobs.
- More than adequate with picking up dog hair which is our main problem.
- Use it every day on hardwood, area rugs, and carpet.
- Power is enough to do all the rooms.
- Picks up food, dirt, pet hair, you name it!!
- Maintains appearance and cleanliness in between heavy cleaning.
- Picks up dust, cat hair, litter, easy-empty cup.
- Low noise level and so easy to use.
- I like its maneuverability.
- Must have in every home especially with animals.
- Quick and easy to pull out and use.
Top-Rated Fuller Carpet Sweeper
If you are looking for a Fuller carpet sweeper, then this carpet sweeper could be the ideal solution for you. This Fuller carpet sweeper has 65% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5-stars, which is good.
What Did Customers Say They Liked About This Fuller Carpet Sweeper?
- This thing picks up ALL the visible crud and somehow even a little more.
- The sweeper picked up cat litter and cat hair off high pile carpeting, area rugs, and hard tile floors.
- It’s way better than any sweeper like it that I’ve ever tried and it far surpassed my expectations.
- This carpet sweeper appears to be well made and durable; and is a bargain at the price.
- It easily and quietly picks up everything in its path – pet hair, cat litter, dust, crumbs; it picked up a leaf today, and a bobby pin!
- This works great, nothing needs to be plugged in and it’s easy to empty.
- It’s as easy to store and take out of the cupboard as a broom, and as easy to use.
- You can grab it and spot clean it when needed without having to pull a big machine out of the closet and unwrapping a power cord.
- Does an amazingly good job of picking up both smaller particles and hair, as well as ‘chunkier’ stuff like kibble or tracked cat litter.
- I was impressed with how well it worked on my kitchen floor.
- The brushes capture dirt going forward and backward so each stroke is cleaning in both directions.
- I am continually amazed at the things it picks up off the floor.
- Also, use it on the tile kitchen floor and hardwood floors…likewise, it does a great job.
- I use it on our braided area rug and it does a great job.
- It works great on our low pile area rugs and goes flat to get under the couch as well.
Top-Rated Bissell Carpet Sweeper
If you are looking for a Bissell carpet sweeper, then this carpet sweeper is one of the biggest and most popular sellers. This Bissell carpet sweeper has 60% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5-stars, which is good.
What Did Customers Say They Liked About This Bissell Carpet Sweeper?
- If you own pets (especially cats), this is a must-have!
- It picks up loose litter, scratchpad residue, pet hair, food & treat crumbs and debris carried in from the outside.
- No cords or loud noises to send the four-leggeds scurrying.
- Easy to assemble (work from the sweeper’s head on up when attaching the handle pieces). Made of metal and plastic.
- The handle is easy to grip and it can be stored on a hook.
- I use it daily and it appears to be durable.
- Compact to store in any small closet or corner.
- I hang one behind a door on a towel hook. The sweeper handle rotates so the head lays flat against the door.
- Lightweight to maneuver around and under furniture and along baseboards.
- The handle locks in an upright position when not in use.
- This sweeper works very well on low pile carpets, throw rugs, wood floors, and uneven slate floors.
- It works better than I expected.
- I use this on my very old hardwood floors to pick up kitty litter, cat hair, etc. and it does an AMAZING job despite there being deep grooves between planks, random indents from past tenants, etc.
- It works great on all of my rugs, even the hallway runner I have that has deep ripples.
- LIGHTWEIGHT! (very important if you have pain or mobility issues)
- Maneuvers with surprising ease, I can make it turn so easily without lifting it off the floor, and if I DO have to lift it, again, it’s VERY lightweight.
- I like this Bissell sweeper much better!
- It does a good job of picking up cat hair, litter and specks, and particles of all sorts, and it leaves those satisfying brush lines that a vacuum would.
- Incredibly easy to empty, the tabs you press to open the debris holder opens up 90 degrees so you don’t have to hold the base in some awkward angle, you can just hold it straight over the trash and press the tabs and gently shake, and voila! it’s empty.
- It’s magic…and it requires NO electricity, NO long cords and NO time at all to pick up and use at your whim.
- I honestly can’t get over how well designed that is.
- Works on many types of surfaces: tile, deeply ridged floors, carpets, rugs, etc.
- It even works well on the cheap carpet with a long yarn, string-like pile without damaging the carpet.
- I like the job this sweeper did, and glad I didn’t purchase the more expensive Fuller sweeper.
- It does exactly what it says it does – pick up dirt, hair, little bits of paper, and lint.
Top-Rated Alpine Carpet Sweeper
If you are looking for an Alpine carpet sweeper, then this carpet sweeper works great and could be the ideal cleaner for you. This Alpine carpet sweeper has 59% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5-stars, which is good.
Alpine Industries Triple Brush Floor & Carpet Sweeper – Heavy Duty & Non-Electric Multi-Surface Cleaner – Easy Manual Sweeping for Carpeted Floors
What Did Customers Say They Liked About This Alpine Carpet Sweeper?
- I love that this sweeper is all metal and really sturdy.
- This little carpet sweeper works better than the vacuum.
- It picks up dog hair but doesn’t get all clogged up like the vacuum.
- This is one impressive little sweeper; when I started using it I was amazed how well it works.
- It’s really easy to empty and works great.
- A great price for a heavy-duty sweeper.
- The handle is nice and sturdy.
- Wow, I can’t believe how amazing this little carpet sweeper is!
- It picks up everything.
- Plus emptying it is as easy as pushing a button.
- This is a great tool to pick up errant crumbs, etc. without having to drag out and plug in a vacuum cleaner.
- Picks up from carpet or hard floor and super easy to empty.
- I am amazed at how well this hand vacuum works.
- It is lightweight, easy to use the empty, and works like a charm.
- This carpet sweeper works, especially if you have animals, it really picks up the cat hair very well
- It picks up most anything on a hard floor surface and makes carpets and rugs appear as though it has been machine vacuumed
Top-Rated Rubbermaid Carpet Sweeper
If you are looking for a Rubbermaid carpet sweeper, then this carpet sweeper is ideal for quick and easy cleaning jobs. This Rubbermaid carpet sweeper has 58% of reviewers rating it 5 out of 5-stars, which is fair.
What Did Customers Say They Liked About This Rubbermaid Carpet Sweeper?
- The sweeper is lightweight, but at the same time, it has enough heft to keep it firmly planted on the floor during operation.
- Works amazingly on the commercial carpet as well as vinyl flooring.
- Picks up the smallest of debris, usually with one pass.
- I am pleasantly surprised at how good this sweeper works, but more importantly, with the lack of noise and not having to fumble with a power cord I find myself using it daily.
- Fits under furniture with ease.
- The sweeper base has dust bin viewports on top so you can easily see when the dust bins need to be emptied.
- I am surprised as to how much the dirt container holds.
- This is awesome for a quick tidy without having to plug in the vacuum etc.
- They are so easy to use for fast pickups.
Carpet sweepers are not designed to replace the deep cleaning performance of your vacuum cleaner and it seems from the reviews that people really had the wrong idea about these very convenient floor sweepers.
I’m sure they would have received more 5-star reviews if some of the people reviewing them weren’t trying to judge them in comparison with vacuum cleaners which cost way more than carpet sweepers anyway.
These sweepers are very convenient for quick cleaning jobs. You don’t have to lug out a big vacuum and plug in the cords every time you need to clean up a mess.
Use the carpet sweeper most of the time and do a deeper vacuuming job once a week.
If you haven’t done so already make sure you read our article: Different Types of Vacuum Cleaners, where you can read about other types of vacuum cleaners.