"As an Associate of Amazon I earn from qualifying purchases made from links in this post."
Are Carpet Sweepers Any Good?
Carpet Sweepers may be considered an old-fashioned way of vacuuming and have for the most part been replaced by the more modern stick vacuums however they still do the same job and are built to last…
I remember growing up with carpet sweepers as a kid and thinking they were the best thing ever. They are quick, lightweight, and easy to get out and use as opposed to lugging a large corded vacuum out for simple jobs.
And unlike their modern counterparts, they require no batteries either just pure push technology that also saves the hassle of replacing batteries, losing power before the jobs are finished, and so on.
So yes, they may be old-fashioned but they are built with better technology these days and provide a hassle-free way of vacuuming daily and you only have to get the big vacuum out once a week or so.
So let’s have a more in-depth look at each carper sweeper in order of the highest percentage of 5-star ratings:
Fuller Carpet Sweeper
If you are looking for a Fuller carpet sweeper, then this carpet sweeper could be the ideal solution for you. This Fuller carpet sweeper has 68% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5-stars, which is good.
In just a few seconds, the Fuller Brush Carpet and Floor Sweeper can pick up dirt, dust, crumbs, pet hair, and more from any hardwood, tile, wood, low pile carpet, or laminate floor perfectly without scratching! You simply roll it over the mess and watch as your floor is buffed clean with electrostatic action.
The Fuller Brush Electrostatic Carpet and Floor Sweeper has a supercharged roller that attracts and traps dirt, pet hair, and more, quick and easy! Just push the broom over your carpet or floor and the dirt stays right there on the broom! The brush roller is ultra-efficient, meaning less cleaning time and a complete, sparkling clean!
The Fuller Brush electrostatic carpet and floor sweeper is a powerful, versatile tool that will help you to quickly clean up virtually any mess. Lightweight and portable, it’s great to have around the home, whether you’re cleaning up at the end of a long day, or keeping the house spic and span.
The Fuller Brush Carpet and Floor sweeper makes light work of any mess. The secret is in its revolutionary high-powered motor which generates an electrostatic charge enabling it to sweep up dirt, hair, crumbs, and more without bristles or brushes. Just roll it along, and watch the mess disappear before your eyes!
The Carpet and Floor Sweeper is perfect for use on low pile carpets, Hardwood floors, Tile floors, Laminate floors, Low pile rugs. It’s even great for cleaning up after pets too!
What Did Customers Say They Liked About This Fuller Carpet Sweeper?
- This thing picks up ALL the visible crud and somehow even a little more.
- The sweeper picked up cat litter and cat hair off high pile carpeting, area rugs, and hard tile floors.
- It’s way better than any sweeper like it that I’ve ever tried and it far surpassed my expectations.
- This carpet sweeper appears to be well made and durable; and is a bargain at the price.
- It easily and quietly picks up everything in its path – pet hair, cat litter, dust, crumbs; it picked up a leaf today, and a bobby pin!
- This works great, nothing needs to be plugged in and it’s easy to empty.
- It’s as easy to store and take out of the cupboard as a broom, and as easy to use.
- You can grab it and spot clean it when needed without having to pull a big machine out of the closet and unwrapping a power cord.
- Does an amazingly good job of picking up both smaller particles and hair, as well as ‘chunkier’ stuff like kibble or tracked cat litter.
- I was impressed with how well it worked on my kitchen floor.
- The brushes capture dirt going forward and backward so each stroke is cleaning in both directions.
- I am continually amazed at the things it picks up off the floor.
- Also, use it on the tile kitchen floor and hardwood floors…likewise, it does a great job.
- I use it on our braided area rug and it does a great job.
- It works great on our low pile area rugs and goes flat to get under the couch as well.
|See Also - Is Oreck A Good Vacuum?|
Bissell Carpet Sweeper
If you are looking for a Bissell carpet sweeper, then this carpet sweeper is one of the biggest and most popular sellers. This Bissell carpet sweeper has 60% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5-stars, which is good.
The Natural Sweep Carpet and Floor Sweeper have a premium, all-natural bristle brush and a rotating 360º hose system to clean multiple surfaces – from hardwood floors and upholstery to pet-hair-covered carpets.
With its 360° swivel, dual rotating system, and two corner edge brushes, the Bissell Natural Sweep is the perfect tool for quick, quiet cleanups of everyday messes such as crumbs, pet hair, cereal, and more. Safe and effective on all floor types including hardwood floors and carpeting – it even includes a reusable microfiber pad.
Quick, quiet cleanups of everyday messes like crumbs, pet hair, cereal, dirt, and more are made easy. This product is safe and effective on multi-surface cleaning for carpets, rugs, and hard floors.
The Bissell Natural Sweep is an ideal solution for quick, quiet cleanups of everyday messes like crumbs, pet hair, cereal, dirt, and more.
Safe and effective on carpets, rugs, hard floors, and counters, this handheld sweeper system features premium surface material to pick up multiple surfaces with advanced corner edge brushes which gently sweep messes away for clean floors.
Its unique dual rotating brush design lifts and removes lint, dust, and pet hair from carpets and hard floors with minimal effort.
What Did Customers Say They Liked About This Bissell Carpet Sweeper?
- If you own pets (especially cats), this is a must-have!
- It picks up loose litter, scratchpad residue, pet hair, food & treat crumbs and debris carried in from the outside.
- No cords or loud noises to send the four-leggeds scurrying.
- Easy to assemble (work from the sweeper’s head on up when attaching the handle pieces). Made of metal and plastic.
- The handle is easy to grip and it can be stored on a hook.
- I use it daily and it appears to be durable.
- Compact to store in any small closet or corner.
- I hang one behind a door on a towel hook. The sweeper handle rotates so the head lays flat against the door.
- Lightweight to maneuver around and under furniture and along baseboards.
- The handle locks in an upright position when not in use.
- This sweeper works very well on low pile carpets, throw rugs, wood floors, and uneven slate floors.
- It works better than I expected.
- I use this on my very old hardwood floors to pick up kitty litter, cat hair, etc. and it does an AMAZING job despite there being deep grooves between planks, random indents from past tenants, etc.
- It works great on all of my rugs, even the hallway runner I have that has deep ripples.
- LIGHTWEIGHT! (very important if you have pain or mobility issues)
- Maneuvers with surprising ease, I can make it turn so easily without lifting it off the floor, and if I DO have to lift it, again, it’s VERY lightweight.
- I like this Bissell sweeper much better!
- It does a good job of picking up cat hair, litter and specks, and particles of all sorts, and it leaves those satisfying brush lines that a vacuum would.
- Incredibly easy to empty, the tabs you press to open the debris holder opens up 90 degrees so you don’t have to hold the base at some awkward angle, you can just hold it straight over the trash and press the tabs and gently shake, and voila! it’s empty.
- It’s magic…and it requires NO electricity, NO long cords, and NO time at all to pick up and use at your whim.
- I honestly can’t get over how well designed that is.
- Works on many types of surfaces: tile, deeply ridged floors, carpets, rugs, etc.
- It even works well on the cheap carpet with a long yarn, string-like pile without damaging the carpet.
- I like the job this sweeper did, and glad I didn’t purchase the more expensive Fuller sweeper.
- It does exactly what it says it does – pick up dirt, hair, little bits of paper, and lint.
Alpine Carpet Sweeper
If you are looking for an Alpine carpet sweeper, then this carpet sweeper works great and could be the ideal cleaner for you. This Alpine carpet sweeper has 59% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5-stars, which is good.
Look at this! The Alpine Industries Triple Brush Floor & Carpet Sweeper, making light work of any cleaning job. This unique little Swiffer features three brushes. Two long handles with 12′ of easy glide hose letting you clean efficiently on various surface types including tiled, vinyl, hardwood, or carpeted floors.
No more bending or stretching, just sucking it up! With the reusable nozzle and the triple brushes, you can quickly and easily collect dirt and debris in no time at all. Wet or dry use.
Alpine Industries Triple Brush Floor & Carpet Sweeper – Heavy Duty & Non-Electric Multi-Surface Cleaner – Easy Manual Sweeping for Carpeted Floors
The perfect solution for quick and easy cleaning, the Alpine Industries Triple Brush Floor & Carpet Sweeper is lightweight and ideal for quick cleanup around your home. It works on a variety of surfaces, including tile, vinyl, hardwood, and carpeted floors. Need to clean up in a hurry? Just pull it out of the closet and go! No assembly is required.
Quickly and easily pick up dirt, crumbs, hair, and more with the three bristle types: soft nylon for delicate surfaces, long stiff fibers for smooth floors, and fine natural rubber bristles that grab pet hair.
The vacuum power lets you easily adjust to any surface type, while the adjustable handle makes it comfortable to use throughout every room in your home.
What Did Customers Say They Liked About This Alpine Carpet Sweeper?
- I love that this sweeper is all metal and really sturdy.
- This little carpet sweeper works better than the vacuum.
- It picks up dog hair but doesn’t get all clogged up like the vacuum.
- This is one impressive little sweeper; when I started using it I was amazed at how well it works.
- It’s really easy to empty and works great.
- A great price for a heavy-duty sweeper.
- The handle is nice and sturdy.
- Wow, I can’t believe how amazing this little carpet sweeper is!
- It picks up everything.
- Plus emptying it is as easy as pushing a button.
- This is a great tool to pick up errant crumbs, etc. without having to drag out and plug in a vacuum cleaner.
- Picks up from carpet or hard floor and is super easy to empty.
- I am amazed at how well this hand vacuum works.
- It is lightweight, easy to use the empty, and works like a charm.
- This carpet sweeper works, especially if you have animals, it really picks up the cat hair very well
- It picks up most anything on a hard floor surface and makes carpets and rugs appear as though it has been machine vacuumed
Rubbermaid Carpet Sweeper
If you are looking for a Rubbermaid carpet sweeper, then this carpet sweeper is ideal for quick and easy cleaning jobs. This Rubbermaid carpet sweeper has 58% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5-stars, which is fair.
This sweeper is exceptionally easy to handle. Its lightweight, strong aluminum housing includes a durable, washable plastic dustpan that lifts off for easy dumping.
The Rubbermaid Commercial Executive Series Galvanized Steel Brushless Mechanical Carpet Sweeper features rugged, steel construction for lasting durability and long-lasting performance. It comes with soft rubber wheels for effective and efficient use, and the sweeper has a large dirt bin to make emptying and cleaning easier.
This unit also makes minimal noise for quiet operation. To support active lifestyles, this sweeper can be easily rolled from one task to another.
The Galvanized Steel Carpet Sweeper features soft rubber wheels that glide easily on carpet, vinyl, tile, wood, and more. A handy on/off switch on the handle prevents waste of energy, while a convenient clean filter indicator makes it easy to dispose of debris.
This sweeper will make cleaning busy areas like lobbies, meeting rooms, restaurants, kitchens, retail areas, and offices faster and easier than ever before.
The Galvanized Steel Brushless Mechanical Carpet Sweeper is the smart choice for most carpet care applications. This sturdy sweeper is lighter than most steel sweepers, yet it has all the same features so you can handle everyday jobs with ease.
What Did Customers Say They Liked About This Rubbermaid Carpet Sweeper?
- The sweeper is lightweight, but at the same time, it has enough heft to keep it firmly planted on the floor during operation.
- Works amazingly on the commercial carpet as well as vinyl flooring.
- Picks up the smallest of debris, usually with one pass.
- I am pleasantly surprised at how good this sweeper works, but more importantly, with the lack of noise and not having to fumble with a power cord I find myself using it daily.
- Fits under furniture with ease.
- The sweeper base has dust bin viewports on top so you can easily see when the dust bins need to be emptied.
- I am surprised as to how much the dirt container holds.
- This is awesome for a quick tidy without having to plug in the vacuum etc.
- They are so easy to use for fast pickups.
Carpet sweepers are not designed to replace the deep cleaning performance of your vacuum cleaner and it seems from the that people really had the wrong idea about these very convenient floor sweepers.
I’m sure they would have received more 5-star if some of the people ing them weren’t trying to judge them in comparison with vacuum cleaners which cost way more than carpet sweepers anyway.
These sweepers are very convenient for quick cleaning jobs. You don’t have to lug out a big vacuum and plug in the cords every time you need to clean up a mess.
Use the carpet sweeper most of the time and do a deeper vacuuming job once a week.
If you haven’t done so already make sure you read our article: Different Types of Vacuum Cleaners, where you can read about other types of vacuum cleaners.