What Is The Ashford Brand Known For?
Ashford is a well-respected and established brand in the world of weaving and spinning…. Our treadles have been developed by a small-scale, family-run company in England to provide you with all the features you need to engage in a fulling range of spinning techniques.
Ashford treadle wheels are built to last…. Their solid wood gears and axles are designed to take all the hard use you can give them—and then some…. You won’t have to replace the wheel later; it is going to last you a lifetime of weaving.
The high-speed bobbins allow you to easily spin the finest of yarns…. Intended for use on hard surface floors, these wheels are set up to work easily on hardwood, tile, and other sturdy floor surfaces.
The Ashford spinning wheels are a high-quality, easy-to-use weaving machine that can be used by beginners and experienced weavers alike. Let’s look at 10 of their best-selling Ashford products and see what customers think about the brand and its products…
Ashford New Joy 2 Has MIND-BOGGLING Ratings
The following Ashford product has a MIND-BOGGLING 100% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars however there are only a few at this stage…
Ashford’s new Joy 2 Double Treadle is a great new addition to its lineup of spinning wheels—it’s made of sturdy wood and features a double treadle with two bobbins.
This 2-bobbin combo allows you to spin two different fibers at the same time, or even work with two different colorways of the same fiber…. And the wheels’ two bobbins are easy to change—just slip some fiber onto the bobbin, and it’s ready to go. This is a great option for people who spin regularly or who want to learn how to spin, as it’s low cost and has a lot of fun features.
The new Joy 2 Double Treadle Combo has all the same features and quality construction as the original Joy 2, but with an added advantage for double knitters: a second, smaller tension dial that lets you control how tightly the yarn is wound on the bobbins…. This means you can let your two bobbins hold more yarn, or let a single bobbin hold less for faster knitting!
This feature, combined with the machine’s light 1.5-pound weight, low profile, and high-quality construction makes it the perfect complement to Ashford’s other double-treadle options…
New Joy 2 Double Treadle Combo with Bag By Ashford
- The Ashford New Joy 2 Double Treadle Combo with Bag is a double treadle combo with a tapering mechanism for working on various cording.
- It has an adjustable latch-balanced keyboard, two shuttles, a thorough dusting device, and two threading hooks.
- The front drop-down work table and the high-quality wheels make it easier to move around the room or classroom.
- This double treadle machine has a sliding carriage return bar for easy picking up the shuttle from the last couple of stitches.
- There is also a Joy stitch regulator included to provide you with control over your stitching speed.
- The New Joy double treadle is the perfect choice if you’re looking to take up spinning but don’t have a lot of space in your home.
- This portable tabletop spinner has a folding triangle flyer and uses 5 pounds of Ashford’s classic wool/acrylic blend.
- The Joy 2 comes with a hard-shell carry bag for easy storage and travel.
- This sturdy design is built for lots of weaving without wear and tear.
- The Joy has become one of Ashford’s best sellers in its class; it’s no wonder why!
- The Joy 2 has all the features you need to create your own personalized projects with a threaded needle, satin stitch, drop feed.
Ashford Traveller Spinning Wheel Has MIND-BOGGLING Ratings
The following Ashford product has a MIND-BOGGLING 100% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars however there are only a few at this stage…
Welcome to the Ashford Traveller Spinning Wheel…. Built with durability in mind, it is lightweight and has a fold-down design that allows you to easily pack it away when not in use. The double treadle makes this wheel great for polymer, woolen, or homespun yarns…. Choose from a variety of finishes, including natural wood or black.
The Ashford Traveller Spinning Wheel features double treadling, natural finish ash, and is as easy to operate as many hand cranks…. Like the similarly styled Ashford Traveller II, it has a sturdy frame design but has a single drive…. It also has a sturdy wood veneer…. Many consumers note that the Ashford Traveller Spinning Wheel is an ideal choice for hand spinners looking to launch their crafting careers.
The Traveller wheel is so named because of its portability and easy transportability…. (Its small size and elegant carrying case make it an ideal choice for spinners on the go.) The single drive is particularly unique in its inclusion of two treadles, allowing one to be used for plying and the other for spinning.
This gives spinners an easier way to switch between plying and spinning while keeping their hands on the wheels…
Ashford Traveller Spinning Wheel, Single Drive, Double Treadle, Natural by Ashford
- The Traveller is arguably the most sought-after wheel of all the Ashford models.
- It’s your all-purpose and very versatile, perfect for an array of techniques including Spinning, doubling, plying, blending, or doubling up wool fibers to create ‘graduated’ color spinning.
- The Traveller is a double treadle wheel with 22″ lazy kate – ideal if you have to set your wheel up in a small space (lazy Kate not included).
- The double drive features a scotch tension brake that allows you control over your speed when drafting or spinning worsted-spun yarns.
- The Ashford Traveller Spinning Wheel was has been designed to make the craft an enjoyable source of relaxation.
- With its robust cast iron frame and double treadle, you will be able to produce quality yarns time and time again.
- Ashford’s Traveller is perfect for your trip to the country.
- It’s strong, sturdy, and light, with its robust frame made from ash dowels and solid cast iron legs.
- With the flatpack system, it is easy to assemble using just one tool supplied.
- The wooden components are protected by a clear varnish that leaves them feeling silky smooth under your fingers while you are spinning.
- Ashford’s Traveller wheel is the ideal single treadle spinning wheel for both beginner and experienced spinners.
Ashford Wild Drum Carder Has AMAZING Ratings
The following Ashford product has an AMAZING 85% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars however there are only a few at this stage…
Ashford Wild Drum Carders are a new addition to Ashford’s line of quality spinning and weaving equipment…. These carders are compact, lightweight, and portable, making them a favorite for spinners on the go.
The drum carders are made from birch and have a solid brass casing…. This makes them extremely sturdy and, most importantly, quiet…. (You have to spin with them to believe it!) The carder’s spring and drum are made from stainless steel, which doesn’t rust or corrode.
This means no matter how hard you use it, the carder will always be in good working order…. The carder’s three different drums can be used with any of Ashford’s wide range of spindles.
Weaving is made easy with the Ashford Wild Drum Carder…. It has a built-in Lazy Kate, so you can weave up to 20 inches wide; it also has an adjustable tension device and a rotating drum that lets you easily change from plying to winding…. The carder also has a generous 4 inch wide drum, which means you can process even the thickest fibers without a problem…. The Wild Drum Carder comes with three solid Ashford bobbins and a beater.
The Ashford drum carder is crafted from sustainably sourced wood and hand-assembled in England…. Manufactured using the traditional methods of true quality craftsmanship and attention to detail, you immediately feel how solid and durable the drum carriage is by the feel of the wooden handle as you spin it for the first time…
Ashford Wild Drum Carder
- The Ashford Wild Drum Carder is a drum carder specifically designed for the enthusiastic beginner.
- It is ideal for blending fibers for spinning lace to worsted yarns of any weight and it will blend fibers smoothly when spun in a variety of ways.
- With its 8-inch drum and graduated layering of 16 wires, this carder can blend the fibers many times faster than you can by hand.
- The Wild Drum Carder has special features such as a peek-a-boo window so you can see your fiber being blended and a hidden compartment that holds your extra bobbins, cards, and cheesecloth.
- From full-on hackle preparation to the delicate felting of lace, our Wild Drum Carder is a true workhorse.
- This versatile carder can help you with any fiber preparation project and, with the addition of our Ashford Lazy Kate, it can even be used as a simple drop spindle.
- You’ll find yourself coming back to this tool again and again.
- Built for strength, our Wild Drum Carder is crafted of solid Ash and Birch…. Hand-turned, hardwood rollers are well-aligned for fast and easy combing.
- Simply feed the fibers into any of the nine sturdy combs to create a beautifully refined batt that can be used in a variety of ways.
- You will quickly see how this unique, versatile tool becomes an indispensable part of your fiber repertoire.
- Wild drum carders are made from whole raw fleece.
- This means you can card just what you wish without the waste of cutting up a small whole shear to get only one or two locks for your carding needs.
Ashford Weaving Rigid Heddle Loom Has An Excellent Ratings
The following Ashford product has an excellent 79% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars however there are only a few at this stage…
You can have an amazing loom for weaving all sorts of projects at home, and that doesn’t have to mean spending a small fortune…. All you need is the right loom, one that is simple to use and easy to get to know. That’s what makes the Ashford Weaving Rigid Heddle Loom 48 inch (ASF-11) such a good choice: It’s a basic model that doesn’t overwhelm new weavers with unnecessary bells and whistles.
Rigid Heddle looms are a great option for those who are just beginning to weave, as well as for experienced weavers who are looking for a compact, portable option for taking their hobby with them…. Among them, the Ashford Weaving Company offers quality products at affordable prices…. The Ashford Weaving Rigid Heddle Looms are available in both 24-inch and 48-inch sizes.
Cut your learning curve with the Ashford Rigid Heddle Loom…. This loom is designed for the weaving newbie and those who want to easily take their weaving projects anywhere…
Ashford Weaving Rigid Heddle Loom 48 inch
- The Rigid Heddle Loom is a 48″ Ashford weaving loom made with solid American hard maple.
- It has a thick, hard maple beam and 6 T-shaped heddles, and sturdy pine legs with adjustable feet for stability at any height.
- The loom is mounted on two sliding rails to easily move it between all of the 12 shed positions and comes with an Allen wrench for adjusting warp tension and harnesses.
- You can adjust the height of the warp to change the weave width and add decorative fringe to your fabric.
- The Rigid Heddle Loom is a simple, easy-to-use loom with a rigid heddle in Ashford style.
- It is sturdy yet portable and has a clamp that attaches to the back of your chair or table, allowing you to as easily weave at home as in class or at a workshop.
- The loom frame has a hardwood board base and legs for stability, as well as six built-in sturdy shelves to hold your tools or project as you work.
Ashford Blending Board Has AMAZING Ratings
The following Ashford product has an AMAZING 85% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Ashford Blending Board has a rounded, ergonomic wooden handle and an 11 inch (28 cm) long knife blade…. The Ashford blending board allows you to blend with greater comfort and control than ever before. It is designed to be versatile, enabling you to chop, mix, scrape and flip your way to success.
Your Ashford Blending Board is an accessory that attaches to the bottom of your Ashford Traditional Loom…. It is used to hold yarn color cards, warp yarn, shuttles, bobbins, and pattern books.
The Ashford Blending board is a must-have for any baker who wants to ensure that their recipes turn out just right…. The board makes it easy to mix dry ingredients, knead the dough, or beat mixtures…. It is made of solid hardwoods and a marble surface that will not chip, crack, or break down over time…
Ashford Blending Board
- This Ashford blending board is beautifully crafted in solid ash hardwood.
- It features hardwood brass hardware, stainless steel bowls, nickel silver bottom ring that adds flexibility and safety during use.
- The Ashford Blending Board is designed to keep you organized and has been balanced to ensure equal distribution of weight.
Ashford Flying Adapter Kit Has MIND-BOGGLING Ratings
The following Ashford product has a MIND-BOGGLING 100% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
Your new Ashford double drive flyer allows you to create more elaborate projects, like scarves and blankets, which you can then proudly display to your friends and family.
The Double Drive Flyer Adapter Kit by Ashford was designed to be used with the Ashford Traveller double drive flyer…. It is compatible with the Ashford Traveller only…. The kit is made of sturdy beech hardwood and holds the flyer securely in place…. It features two holes for the shafts on the double drive flyer, and comes with a shaft threaded on both ends…. The kit also has two wedges attached to it, one on the left of the holes, and one on the right, which are able to be used to push down the flyer shaft.
This kit includes everything you need to get started with the double drive flyer, as well as a few extra items that are sure to come in handy as you learn more about the different weaves and patterns you can create with it…
Ashford Hi-Speed Double Drive Flyer Adapter Kit
- The Ashford Hi-Speed Double Drive Flyer Adapter Kit makes your spinning wheel even more versatile.
- Whether you choose to use the drop spindle or the whorl, the adapter plate will enable you to spin at a variety of speeds and plying methods.
- The hi-speed flyer has hand-tied fibers in order to give it an airy open appearance, while also allowing ample space for your yarn to rise…. This is a truly gorgeous and innovative flyer.
- Drive your favorite traditional hand tools faster and smoother with the Ashford Hi-Speed Double Drive Flyer.
- This adapter kit easily bolsters the efficiency of select Hi-Speed bench tools, making grinding, deburring, and sanding faster and easier.
- It attaches to the tool directly—no other devices are needed.
- Our Double Drive Flyer Adapter Kit is sure to become a favorite.
- Not only does it work with our double drive flyer, but also with the Ashford clicking wheel and any Snuffers frame.
- The kit allows you to use your flyer in full-whorl mode as well as quarter-whorl mode.
- Hop on the wheel and spin some flax, and when you need to wind around or double drive with another flyer, grab this adapter kit for a seamless swap!
Ashford Sliding Hook Flyer Has MIND-BOGGLING Ratings
The following Ashford product has a MIND-BOGGLING 100% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
There are many different ways to tie a fly…. One of these ways is the loop method and the other is the thread-end method…. The loop method is done by looping thread or material around a hook, then going through the material.
The thread-end method is done by going through the material and then looping the thread or material around the hook…. Many fly tyers prefer the loop method as it is easier to tie flies and you do not have to keep twisting the material back and forth in order to make a loop, you simply make a loop and pull the loop back and forth until the loop is big enough to go around the hook.
The Joy Freedom Jumbo Flyer is a simple loom designed for first-time weavers who want to try out their hand at new crafts…. It’s an ideal choice for beginners, because it’s easy to set up and use…. The Joy Freedom Jumbo Flyer is an ideal choice for beginners…. It’s also made of solid wood and comes with a variety of pegs, so you can use it to create a variety of projects.
Countless hours of development went into this flyer, resulting in an innovative design that will make your spinning easier than ever…. It’s a joy to spin so enjoy…
Joy Freedom (Jumbo) Sliding Hook Flyer By Ashford
- Dramatically increase your spinning speed with this new Jumbo Flyer from Ashford.
- Featuring a flyer width of 16 inches, the Joy Freedom Flyer lets you spin longer and faster than ever before!
- An industry first, the fiber support arms are balanced to each side, ensuring horizontal fiber-to-fiber tension as you spin.
- Large hooks are easy to use and we’ve included a 4 ounce bag of Ashford Quik Wick fiber.
Ashford Inklette Loom Has Good Ratings
The following Ashford product has a good 66% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
It’s all about the details, and this loom is no exception…. The Ashford Inklette Loom is a portable, sturdy frame that makes it easy to take weaving on the road…. Its small size makes it easy to tuck away when not in use, and its snap-on system makes it easy to change out the loom’s components.
The Inklette Loom comes in a variety of sizes and is compatible with a range of Ashford and industry-standard heddles…. It’s standard 8″ width makes it easy to frame your weaving and hang it in your home, but we also recommend it to beginner weavers with smaller projects.
Now you can weave a variety of warp and weft projects with ease on the Ashford Inklette Loom…. The Inklette Loom is ideal for beginners or for making smaller pieces, yet it’s fully-functional and comes with everything you need to get started on your own creative journey.
The Ashford Inklette Loom is a versatile, compact loom ideal for the beginner who wants to produce small projects…. In only one weekend you will be weaving samples that will amaze your family and friends!
All loom components are crafted from solid wood except the heddles and reed and come in real natural colors…
Ashford Inklette Loom
- The Ashford Inklette is a small, portable loom that includes their popular inkle treadle mechanism, a 4-harness bobbin, and enough space to weave conventional widths.
- The Inklette was designed for use as both a portable or stationary loom and also folds up neatly for easy transport.
- This loom is perfect for beginning weavers who want to try out inkle weaving or make woven labels for clothing, blankets, and other small pieces.
- Its lightweight and portable design make it easy to store away or take with you as you travel.
- This is not your average hobby loom—it’s an heirloom for generations.
- Whether you are a beginner or an experienced weaver, the Ashford Inklette is just the loom for you.
- It has a second back beam, which will help with maintaining even tension while weaving to create even weaves on both sides of your finished projects.
- The Ashford Inklette Loom is a simple and portable heddle loom that can be used anywhere.
- It is ideal for small projects including socks, rugs, scarves, or blankets.
- Featuring the versatility to spin using either hand or foot-driven treadles, the Inklette Loom can be set up in any location.
- The frame is constructed of high-quality Ash hardwood and a low-slung loom base makes it easy to weave at any angle.
Ashford Classic Cotton Hand Carders Has AMAZING Ratings
The following Ashford product has an AMAZING 81% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
You’ve heard the buzz about carding wool for spinning, but maybe you’ve never taken the plunge…. That’s too bad! Carding is actually a lot easier than you might think and can be a fun and relaxing way to spend some quiet time with your wool. They’re made of strong and sturdy wood and have comfortable, detachable handles with a slit for storing your wool while your card.
Ashford Classic cotton hand carders are the ideal tool for creating a professional finish to your weaving projects…. To use them, simply place the soft, tasseled carder in your hand and pull the fibers back and forth with your other hand…. The carders are made of good-quality 100% combed cotton, and feature metal teeth that are perfect for carding wool and fine fibers…. They come in two sizes, and you also have the option of choosing from a variety of bright colors to find the perfect fit for your craft room.
Create a rustic craftsman-style handwoven look on your spinning wheel with Ashford’s Classic Cotton Hand Carders…. Available in a variety of colors, these carders are comfortable to use and easy to clean…
Ashford Classic Cotton Hand Carders
- The Ashford Classic Hand Carder is the perfect tool for creating a gentle touch and fluffy effect on carded fibers.
- Built with solid beech wood, this carder has cotton teasels on both sides, each combed and stroked direction through a wire.
- This carder is perfect for blending wool roving or for using in conjunction with a drum carder for creating an even large volume of blended fibers.
- The Ashford Classic Carders are an iconic hand carding tool and the perfect way to release the luscious, smooth wool found in your fiber stash.
- The spacious 8″ diameter drum is full of purpose-built features-grip stops on each drum to hold fibers in place and with five unique positional settings you can control which direction your fibers move.
- Hand carders are great for combing cotton, wool, and other fibers, hard carders can also be used for blending colors in the same way a pastel painter uses a stump.
- Also works well to smooth the flyaway hairs on your hands and arms.
- The Ashford Classic is used by thousands of spinners who appreciate the wheel’s many features.
- Its steel construction makes it smooth and quiet while it spins – an important feature when spinning a fine yarn from fiber that has not been combed.
- Spokes are arranged in a triangle shape around the drive band, increasing useful spoke length.
- Handles and adjustable ratchet wheel accommodate both right-handed and left-handed spinners.
Ashford Fringe Twister Has AMAZING Ratings
The following Ashford product has an AMAZING 83% of consumers rating it 5 out of 5 stars…
The Fringe Twister is Ashford’s most compact spinning wheel and is designed with the spinner in mind…. With a compact frame, it is lightweight and portable, perfect for travel or an apartment.
Ashford Fringe Twister has been designed for anyone who enjoys spinning fibers into fabulous yarns…. The Ashford Fringe Twister comes with the same features that made Z-Whiz a best seller in spinning wheels: double treadle, fixed drive ratio of 120:1, one-step flyer change, and interchangeable bobbins (eight included)…. As a bonus, you can now also order a Fringe Twister with an optional English or Scotch tension.
Traditional features are reflected in the design of the Fringe Twister…. The frame, tensioner, drive band, pirn fayre, and pirn holder are made from solid ash to provide strength and durability while remaining smooth to spin on…. The drive band is high-quality nylon that has a low stretch factor for ease of use…
Ashford Fringe Twister
- Ashford’s Fringe Twister makes a great surprise gift- a semi-whorl treadle wheel at an unbelievable price.
- It will spin anything from the finest laceweight to the coarsest flax.
- The wheel comes with a solid Ashford Ashford drive band.
- This wheel is 54″ in diameter and the footman has been set low so that you can comfortably use it while seated or standing.
- The Fringe Twister is a slender design and fun to spin with because of its fold-up treadle movement and flywheel bobbin winder.
In summary, if you are a quilter, the chances are you have heard of Ashford and its superb products…. The company started in the United Kingdom to supply craft workers with high-quality spinning wheels.
Today Ashford is still doing what they do best – making quality products that people love to use.
You may also be interested in… Is Juki A Good Brand? (Sewing, Embroidery, & Quilting Machines) and Is Bombas A Good Brand For Socks? (Bombas Socks )