If you are looking for a large room air purifier that is backed with a lifetime guarantee it is hard to go past the impressive Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier. This air purifier has so much going for it…
Quiet operation, easy to use with auto settings, the smart sensor controls when the unit needs to kick in higher or back off lower, it removes dust, allergens, smoke, odors, and helps with allergies, breathing, sleeping better, and is easy to move from room to room if you so desire!
Here Is What Reviewers Said About The Alen BreatheSmart Classic Large Room Air Purifier:
You Really Can’t Put A Price On Clean Air!
We researched the best purifiers and came across this one. The reviews were great and we decided to try one before checking for mold. It cleaned our air so well. We liked it so much that we bought another for downstairs.
- I have purchased many air purifiers in the past 15 years this Alen Breathesmart is the BEST by far.
- The best-midsized air filter on the market.
- Although it is expensive, I have tried several other kinds of filters and this so far (it has been over a year) has worked the best and without problems.
- We just replaced our filter, it lasted us a little over a year before it changed to yellow. One of the best purchases I’ve made in a long time!
- This is the best machine on the market for home air purifying, that regular people like us can afford.
- Best of the Best! The purifier works great. Like the auto mode and ozone.
- I reviewed a lot of purifiers. I chose this because it was a lifetime warranty and because it had the best review and I had a lot of cubic feet to cover, my ceiling is very high.
- Best purification for the money. Covers a large area and has all of the features you want.
- Love it! The best air filter I’ve owned, my house feels about as clean as a hospital.
- Great product, we couldn’t be happier, the quality of the air improve so much the best air-purifier I got in years.
- It gets what you don’t see. The best investment is worth every dollar.
- I have had dozens of air cleaners and nothing has compared to this. WELL worth the cost.
- In the air purifier market segment, anything other than Alen BreatheSmart air purifier is a waste of money.
Outstanding Sensor And Auto Feature!
The think that impresses me the most is the air sensor that changes color depending upon the air quality. It is really sensitive and seems to work extremely well.
- A plastic decal on the top explains all the functions. The easiest thing to do is just pop it onto Auto and let the sensor do all the work.
- The unit automatically adjusts the air intake and filtration based on a sensor that detects the level of pollutants. We can tell on days of higher congestion the unit is working harder.
- This thing really works and I love that it has a sensor that controls the speed of the air purifier.
- I really love the technology in this device.
- The Smart Sensor is great. I love being able to quickly look at the device and see what the current air quality is.
- Love that I can put it on auto and push the main button once and it’s lights out, but still adjusts the speed of the fan by the air sensor.
- The clean air sensor works well and will typically show that the air is clean when there is little to no air movement (fans and HVAC off) and will immediately show that the air is dirty when the ceiling fan is turned on.
Dust Allergies – Amazing! You Can’t Do Better Than An Alen Air Purifier!
I have another Allen that I bough 10 years ago at $500 and it’s still going strong. My parents have the same model at their house for 8 years – still going strong. Amazing for dust allergies. Your life will change.
- We noticed after only a few days how the amount of dust on the furniture diminished.
- The Most Drastic Change Was A Reduction In Dust… What A Difference On Dark Furniture And Piano.
- I hate dust, and this thing has really cut down on the amount of dusting I have to do.
- The amount of dust in my house is noticeably lower.
- We have heavy dust in our home and these machines are simply awesome.
- There has been a drop in the dust layer of tables and furniture, we don’t need to dust nearly as much.
- Another thing I noticed is that I don’t have noticeable dust every day anymore. So, no more guilt if I miss a day of dusting!
- This thing works wonders. Allergies and dust are gone. Looks sleek, easy to use – highly recommend.
- Great product. Super quiet at high speed. Does a great job of removing dust from my home.
- I would highly recommend to anyone to reduce dust and allergens in their home.
Everyone Who Suffers From Asthma/Allergies Should Have One Of These!
Researched air purifiers, liked the design of the Alen BreatheSmart, ordered one to see. We were literally astounded by the difference. It was remarkable. Everyone’s allergies and morning symptoms vanished. The air smelled fresh and crisp and different.
- As everyone in my household has airborne allergies, I’ve tried a number of different air purifiers. None have worked all that well but helped some. Recently, I bought this Alen Breathesmart air purifier and it really gets the job done.
- This thing was a life changer. I have not had to pop a single allergy pill since I started running this air filter.
- It’s helped immensely with pet allergies.
- I haven’t tested my air quality but I have noticed a reduction in problems with allergies; headaches and general congestion.
- Love this Air Purifier keeps the air clean especially those days during allergy season it works amazing.
- My son & I have seasonal allergies – but when this is turned on our sneezing stops. I LOVE this air purifier!
- Best Thing Ever For Our Child With Allergies.
- The allergies in the house have dramatically been reduced and it really does cover the entire house very efficiently. I love this thing.
- Gets rid of smell & helps with your seasonal allergies!
- Really works great totally helps with my allergies.
The Alen On The Highest Setting (Turbo) Is Quieter Than The Honeywell Hps 300 On Its Lowest Setting!
I really like the Alen air purifier. It is quiet and it is able to handle the entire front area of our home. I am considering purchasing another Alen for the back of the home.
- The unit is also quiet enough to be barely noticeable running on the mid-level setting. Very pleased!
- Very quiet at low speeds and pleasant on high (less noisy than older models).
- The smaller ones that I bought are not as quiet and this Alen Breathesmart takes care of my entire downstairs. It’s quiet and was very easy to put together.
- So far this has been so quiet, we had to check if it was still running.
- Excellent quality. Quiet on low-med settings. Even on high it’s no louder than a fan but there is a faint whistling noise.
- The lowest setting is very quiet and not really noticeable while watching TV in the same room.
- Made quick work of a musty smell. We use the silver-carbon filter. Very quiet at low speeds, not bad on highest. Great product!
- The units are very quiet when they are running in the blue mode. Even in red they are not overly loud.
- It is quiet…quiet than a fan not 100% quiet that is in the loudest setting...I recommend it to anybody with allergies.
- Amazing product that cleans the air well AND is quiet. It’s rather large but worth buying.
Within The First Day Of Using It… The Awful Headache I Had From The Smoke Started To Vanish!
This is a great product! My husband smokes in the house so I used a lot of air fresheners trying to cover up the odor. I purchased the Alen Breathsmart and chose the Hepa Fresh filter. The light came on to change the filter at 6 months. When I pulled the filter out, it was solid orange and reeks of cigarettes. I have not had to spray air freshener in 6 months! Loving my fresh smelling house.
- The food smell is eliminated quicker, cigarette smoke that creeps through the patio door is also reduced. The exterior keeps itself clean despite my crawling baby’s fingerprints.
- Within an hour you can barely tell that I smoked in my apartment and after running it overnight, it’s like there was no smoke in the unit.
- I live in Northern California and with the recent fires, this has been a lifesaver for the air quality in my apartment. The smoke has been terrible and this has saved me from respiratory issues during this time.
- My neighbor smokes like a chimney and I would come home to a nasty cloud of it in my living room. No more!
- Absolutely worth the money! It was a lifesaver last year when the air was heavy with smoke from the many fires burning.
- We burn wood all winter and our doctor told my husband he may be allergic to the wood smoke so we purchased this and the very first night we noticed a difference.
- Used it since the winter to clean the air of fireplace smoke and dog scents.
- WOW!! Worth every penny! We have ours in our fully insulated, finished garage, where my husband and I smoke cigars, and my mom smokes cigarettes.
- This Alen is FANTASTIC—from the unpacking to the performance! We run it continuously, and it keeps the air extremely fresh! Almost too good to be true!
- Thank you, Alen, for creating a product that totally lives up to the hype!
Knowing That All The Family Inside The House Is Breathing A Cleaner Air Is Worth The Cost!
We can breathe again, year round and living in Austin is truly much less miserable allergy wise. They aren’t cheap, and they may not be pretty to look at, but these units work, really well and we are so grateful for that because it sure beats the alternative of the doctor all the time. If you’re on the fence about them, pull the trigger. It’s worth it.
- I can honestly say that I’m breathing better. I haven’t been wheezy. My eyes haven’t watered and itched. I’m sleeping *so* much better.
- A significant investment, but what’s more important than the air you breathe?
- I absolutely love it and recommend it to everybody having breathing problems. The price might be steep but on the other hand, I save on medications because I don’t need them as often as before!
- I have mild asthma and even that has improved, I can breathe much better throughout the day.
- Very Nice. I like the way it works automatically. The air is no longer stuffy, and I breathe better.
- I am a chronic bronchitis sufferer and altho Breathe Smart is not a cure, it has vastly improved the quality of my life. Especially in the evenings. I sleep sounder and longer with hardly any congestion.
- My apartment was exceedingly stuffy prior to purchasing this item and now I wake up to clear air and easy breathing.
- I like it. Easy to set up and use. Have experienced some breathing relief especially at night.
- It worked great, instantly we could notice a difference, no smoke smell, easier breathing. Healthier Lives. we love it.
- I bought it because my 5-year-old was having problems breathing at night for months. But since I have this air purifier on his breathing improved about 95 percent!!!!
Best Product Out There For Odor Removal!
Odor removal – amazing! I have a dog and always have foster kittens. Right I’m topping out at five and this thing really does the trick. Cheaper models and other brands are useless for cat litter box smell.
- We have 3 large dogs and have noticed a significant reduction in odor since we started using the Alen air purifier.
- This machine also got rid of dog odor. Now when you enter my house the air feels and smells clean.
- I am a scientist and always want evidence, so this isn’t an opinion, its a fact… the air is noticeably clearer and fresher smelling. It’s like all odors just went away after running it for a day.
- Definitely a great air purifier, it does a good job of removing odors from the air.
- Great purchase. It made an immediate impact on my wife’s allergies and pet odors.
- Odors smell and dust… goodbye.
- Very quiet running unit and does fantastic removing pet odors with the OdorCell filter!
- But most importantly, it has reduced the lingering odors from pets and cooking, which is the main reason I purchased this unit.
- The Alen BreatheSmart is cleaning up the moldy odor in our home.
- Works great. I have two dogs and a parrot. Odors are gone and most importantly my sinuses no longer hurt. And it is not noisy at all. I love it.
The Unit Is Surprisingly Lightweight And Easy To Move!
There’s a handle pocket in the top of the unit and I am able to carry it up and down steps and from room to room with relative ease for something that size.
- I bought this product and move it between my bedroom and living room and it has made a huge difference!
- It’s lightweight and easy to move with the formed handle at the top…. me and the wife, plus guests we have visited have noticed the difference in the air quality
- We moved the purifier to every room and ran it for about an hour/ each at the beginning.
- It’s easy to move around and has a handle to lift it be built into the top. Though it seems to be working well leaving it in one location; the living room where I spend most of my time.
- I bought this for our 2900sf home and moved it down and upstairs depending on light color and how bad the air was.
- It’s more designed to be stationary, but it’s not really hard to move it either.
- You can also move this unit from room to room as it is not heavy. Worth the investment.
- And it’s actually pretty light if you want to move it (carry it) around to other areas of your house.
- It’s sleek as well. Easy to move around. I leave mine on the ground next to my office. My husband has his up on a filing cabinet.
- I currently move it back and forth from the bedroom to my office which is certainly inconvenient due to the size of it.
We Are Finally Sleeping Without Constant Coughing And Without Waking Up Congested!
I have noticed a significant improvement in sleep, I wake up able to breathe out of my nose, and my number of headaches has substantially decreased.
- I find the quality of my sleep improving significantly with the BreathSmart and feel refreshed when I wake up in the morning.
- Asthma & Mold allergy control. Works great …I leave it on auto …Makes a huge difference for me while sleeping
- I’m convinced this is a great filter that does the job really well, and a good night of sleep is worth the money in my book.
- Less dust, better sleep, and much better breathing.
- I mainly use the BreathSmart when I sleep at night and value the freshness of the air.
- It’s relatively quiet at the lowest 2 settings and we’ve been able to sleep with higher settings as it’s an unobtrusive white type noise.
- I sleep sounder and longer with hardly any congestion.
- Even on HIGH, this unit is not very loud. In fact, I sleep within on high, and its a very pleasant and soothing sound, and I can still easily hold a conversation with it on.
- I run the Alen device a few hours at the highest speed before bedtime where the unit sits in a large master bedroom, then dials it back to mid-level when during sleep. The units noise level is acceptable to white noise background much like a fan.
- It’s quiet, I’m sleeping better at night and in general breathing better. I’m so happy, this is a game-changer!
- I keep this filter on at night in my room while sleeping, but also move it to other rooms if I plan on being there for a while.
Loving My Fresh Smelling House!
AAAHHHHH!!!! Fresh Air! The difference it has made in the amount of fresh air is incredible.
- I am enjoying the clean fresh air very much. Thank you
- We smoke (not cigarettes) & it has kept our new house smelling fresh.
- I can feel the air in the house is fresh and crisp. I sneeze less when I started to use this air purifier.
- Clears up a large room very nicely. Keeps the air fresh.
- This machine has brought fresh air into my house and I can relax.
- Great product. Clean fresh air in our home.
- I would highly recommend this for homes with non-smokers who need some fresh air while dealing with those who do smoke.
- With just one if you run this thing for long enough, and move it around, it WILL clean your air.
- So if you’re done screwing around and want your air cleaned, then yes, you should buy this.
- This is the air purifier you need if you want your air clean!
This Air Purifier Handles Very Large Spaces Very Well!
We live in a high rise building and have about 1200sq ft. We have placed the unit in such a way that it can pull the air from both large rooms at the same time.
- The downstairs of our house is basically one large open room and it covers this whole area.
- Use in a very large rec room by smokers and the air is crystal clear.
- This unit is working in a very large open area. We are pleased so far with the product.
- I have three of these in my home in different rooms. I have a very large Family room and this one unit is effective for that very large room.
- We have a very large home I keep it in our bedroom and have not yet had to change the filter.
- This does a great job with a large room, and there is a noticeable quality difference when this guy has been running.
- With this filter giving you 1100 sq. ft. of filtration capacity, it is necessary to have a purifier this size.
- Sure, you can get those small space-saver models that will fit on top of your dresser, but you get what you pay for. They will only filter smaller areas.
- I have a big living room and I’m glad I bought a purifier of this size. I have definitely noticed a difference since using it.
In summary, the Alen BreatheSmart Classic Large Room Air Purifier, 1100 sqft. Big Coverage Area is a pricey unit that normally leads to a lot of complaints even if it only slightly fails to measure up.
However, the Alen BreathSmart has a very high customer approval rating from those who have purchased it and so many customers confirm that it definitely lives up to the hype.
If you are looking for an air purifier for large spaces the Alen BreathSmart is an excellent choice, especially considering the fact that they offer a lifetime warranty.
We also recommend reading… Best Air Purifier For Smoke & Smokers (With Washable Filter)